Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Veggie-licious!

Oooooooh boy, dinner was veggie-licious tonight with broccoli, cucumbers, carrots, and kale. All of those veggies really filled up my stomach! I'm soooo full! Along with my veggies, I also had an Amy's All American Burger with a little buffalo sauce on top. I'm obsessed with these burgers-- 8 minutes in the toaster oven and they are perfect! 


Here's my big bowl of kale chips... I sprinkled sea salt and garlic powder on them tonight. 


Loads of veggies with roasted red pepper hummus, kale chips, and an Amy's burger from above...


For those of you who are wondering...

Mal's surprise tonight was a trip to the driving range to hit some golf balls. Unfortunately, the driving range was craz-y busy, and we would have waited a long while to get some tee time. We had some errands to run tonight, so we decided to move our driving range date to this weekend. Let's hope the weather stays nice! I'd really like to improve my drive so that I can actually play a real round of golf! Mal is such a golf fanatic-- it would be such a blast to play with him! 

Go Celtics! 

8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Your meal is VeggieGirl-approved, with all those vegetables! Yum!

Ahh, I'm sorry that you didn't get to take advantage of Mal's surprise :0( I hate crowded ranges!! So hard to enjoy golfing like that. Hopefully you'll get to go again soon!

Anonymous said...

I second the "Go Celtics"

Also, I get so worked up over mini golf that my boyfriend won't take me to the real golf course.

healthy ashley said...

His intentions were so sweet! it's a shame it didn't work out tonight.

And TINA! Did you hear that Dunkin Donuts is giving away free 16oz Iced Coffees tomorrow 10am-10pm? I thought of you when I read about it.

Cassie said...

Aw that was such a sweet thought! Your dinner looks great - I think I will pick up those burgers next time I am out. I am always on the hunt for a goos veggie burger.

Christine said...

The kale looks really good! It reminds me that I haven't had it in a long time.

Anonymous said...

Tina,

LOVE YOUR BLOG!

Question- how do you wash your kale, and how do you make the kale chips?

Also, I know this sounds funny- but hommus gives me major flatulence- does anyone else find this problem to be true?!

Anonymous said...

Anon,

To wash the kale, I cut off the stems, wash the leaves in the sink with cool water, then shake them dry.

To make kale chips, I place the leaves on a cookie sheet, shake sea salt on them, then cook for 8-10 minutes on 375 degrees.

Carrie said...

Kale chips! What an awesome idea! Love your blog! I will be back :)