Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Best Day of the Year!

Today is FREE ICED COFFEE DAY at Dunkin Donuts! We all know that I will be there more than once today! :) The promotion includes a free 16-once iced coffee and runs from 10am-10pm.

I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning! (Obviously, looking forward to free iced coffee!) I got in a great workout-- I lifted my shoulders and back and ran 5 miles on the treadmill. It felt great! I had a new playlist too!

Breakfast this morning was two Van's blueberry waffles with sugar-free maple syrup...


and fresh cut strawberries with a dollop of Stonyfield vanilla yogurt.


Breakfast from above... and now I am (im)patiently waiting for my FREE iced coffee!


Free Iced Coffee Day is also Ask for Soy Milk Day

As you know, Dunkin Donuts has named today "Free Iced Coffee Day" at all of its stores. In response, Compassion Over Killing, a DC-based activist group, have named today "Ask for Soy Milk Day" at Dunkin’ Donuts nationwide.

So, if you head over to Dunkin Donuts today to grab some delicious FREE iced coffee, and soy milk isn't available, be sure to nicely ask the manager to carry soy milk in the future. Starbucks already offers this dairy-free alternative to customers, so Dunkin Donuts should be able to do the same. Plus soy milk is a healthy and humane option!

From the Compassion Over Killing website:

How to Get Soy Milk in a Dunkin' Donuts Near You!

Don't live in the D.C.-area? Don't worry—here are some steps you can take to encourage Dunkin' Donuts stores near you to start serving soy milk:

  • Contact your local Dunkin' Donuts store. Click here for store locations and phone numbers. Or, better yet, stop in to your local Dunkin' Donuts and ask to speak to the manager about adding soy milk. Be sure to let him or her know that there are other Dunkin' Donuts stores already making this option available to customers.
  • Email Dunkin Donuts' Consumer Care Office and thank them for adding soy milk to two DC-area locations, and ask them to make soy milk available in all locations, like most national coffee chains already do.
  • Call Dunkin' Donuts' Consumer Care hotline at 1-800-859-5339.
  • Write to Dunkin' Donuts. Express your concerns in a letter and send it to:

    Dunkin' Donuts Consumer Care
    130 Royall Street
    Canton, MA 02021

Happy Free Iced Coffee
and Ask for Soy Milk Day!

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love the "fun food facts" section of your blog...where do you find them?

Anonymous said...

dc_rd,

The Fun Food Facts come from a bunch of different places. I usually find them in magazines and on websites. Food is so interesting!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, waffles & strawberries - scrumptious breakfast!

Enjoy Free Iced Coffee Day!!! That's great that they're offering nondairy alternatives for the milk.

Anonymous said...

Mmm Iced Coffee, I really wish we had Dunkin Donuts around here! I could really go for an iced coffee right about now, especially one that's free :)

Anonymous said...

Yay! Thanks for the iced coffee reminder! I stopped there at exactly 10:05 this morning, brought it home, and added some vanilla soymilk to it. So creamy and delish! :)

Hope you enjoy yours as well!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Iced Coffee Day reminder! I will so be hitting up DD this afternoon!

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Free Iced Coffee Day? Why wasn't I informed! Unfortunately I don't think Dunkin Donuts are that common around here in Cali. They're on every other corner in NY (with Starbucks in between).

I would recommend a nice spread of peanut butter for those waffles and a splash of real maple syrup. The sugar free stuff still has a good amount of calories and can give you an upset stomach. Plus peanut butter further slows your body's absorption of an already fairly low GI carb like maple syrup. A winning combo, in my mind =)

Anonymous said...

wow - that breakfast looks delish. I've been craving waffles lately but our toaster is busted :-( I suppose I could heat up the oven like we did 20 years ago but I'm a) impatient and b) it's getting warmer out and I'd rather eat watermelon and cold cereal!