Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Blah Hump Day

Rain, rain, go away! It's rainy and humid outside this morning... in my opinion, the worst weather combo ever. Yuck. (Sorry to be such a downer!)

Miraculously, I made it to the gym this morning. When my alarm goes off on icky mornings like this, I typically reset it and go back to bed. I usually don't have the motivation, so this morning surprised me. I actually did have a little trouble getting motivated-- my alarm went off at 5:23, and I laid awake in bed for a good 5 minutes before finally getting up. Once I had my gym clothes on, there was no turning back! I ended up having a decent workout: I lifted my legs and did 35 minutes of cardio. Not too shabby for almost staying in bed!

Breakfast today was 1/2 cup (dry) Old Wessex 5 Grain Cereal made with fresh blackberries, 1/2 cup of vanilla hemp milk, and 1/4 cup of water.


The combination of blackberries and vanilla hemp milk added quite a bit of sweetness to my breakfast-- no need for maple syrup this morning!


Wedding Hair: Love It or Hate It?

Just wanted to share some more wedding plans...


So, I am not sure how to feel about my potential hair style for the wedding. I had a hair trial last weekend, but we ran out of time before getting to try anything else (photos above and below). We talked about making the back "smaller." Doesn't that mess of curls look huge? It takes up the whole back of my head! I have a lot of hair, but hopefully, the stylist can do something. I also think I might want a more "sleek" look to it. Ahh, the stress of weddings!

23 Comments:

Erica said...

Hey Tina- It looks nice, but could be a little more sleek. I found my wedding hairstyle here- http://www.hairbyjuliet.com/

She has tons of galleries with potential hairstyles

Anonymous said...

i actually love it!! i like big & low wedding hair. my sister had a style like that for her wedding and it looked perfect because it still looks classy but special. also, if you're wearing your veil over your hair then it will look even more subtle.

Anonymous said...

I love the hair! It's simple, but elegant.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina,

I think your wedding hair is really beautiful... not too big at all! I was at SOWA this weekend too.... I love that market, and it was such a beautiful day.

Melanie said...

I LOVE the hair that way!! I like that it's pulled back but also looks natural! So pretty :-) But I also like big poofy curly hair so that might be why....

Anonymous said...

Erica,

THANKS for the link! I'm going to do some searching! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ah yes, we have the same exact weather here as well - let's hope that it clears up soon!!

Your wedding hair: LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it too! I'm a huge sucker for big voluminous hair. Maybe it's just the southerness in me!

Anonymous said...

I really like it! I do think it could be a bit smaller, but I love the style in general.

healthy ashley said...

Like everyone else.. I love it! At least keep the idea of it.

Becca said...

I think the hairstyle looks quite pretty but if your not feeling it then I say keep looking!

Beth said...

I love it too!

Amy said...

I like it too- it's your wedding- go big!

Anne P said...

ooo i think it looks pretty! you have nice hair :) maybe have them make it a little more vertical and less wide if that's what you're worried about? it looks great though!

Anonymous said...

I agree with other commenters - it looks very pretty BUT if you're having the slightest bit of doubt, definitely keep looking!!

Anonymous said...

Tina,

I was just wondering if you eat breakfast before or after the gym. I'm assuming you ate your oatmeal/cereal after the gym but do you eat anything before working out? I never feel hungry at 6 when I get up to work out but I usually force down a Bananna or half a pb and j sandwich to fuel my workout. What's your pre-workout routine?

Thanks, this is my first time commenting but I love your blog! And I LOVE your hair, not too big at all! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love the hair!!! I don't think it looks big, but maybe you can post a picture with the same hair from the front? What did Mal think? I am not sure about my wedding hair either, but my fiance absolutely loved it when I came home from the trial, so I guess I'll keep it. Also, if you were to change it, would you do another trial or bring a picture on the actual wedding day? That sounds even more stressful! Good luck! It's silly how seemingly simple things take so much energy. I'm dealing with the same exact stuff!

RunEatRepeat said...

I like it, but I normally like big hair for special events. It kinda depends on how the dress is styled. Does it go with it?

Christie said...

I really like your hair that way, I happen to be a fan of big hair, do you have a picture of the front view, anyway I think it looks great!

Maggie M. said...

The hair is beautiful - like everyone else is saying, simple and elegant. I don't think it should be too sleek, but that's just MHO.

Anonymous said...

Anon,

Some mornings I do have a quick snack before the gym-- usually a piece of toast with peanut butter or waffle with apple butter (something carby). However, some mornings, I don't feel like eating at all, and I'll just head to the gym. I guess it all depends on the morning. I always eat breakfast after working out though. If I eat a snack or not before, I am always hungry after working out in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful hair! I prefer the looser/fuller look, if it's too small or tight it can look a little severe and stuffy. I really think you can't go wrong though!

Unknown said...

Hi Tina - I love the hair but as everyone says do what you feel comfortable. Very strange you woke up at 5:23 am - that is the time my alarm goes off! I am also getting married in July - the weekend after you. I also love the coconut-date cookies - amazing!