Sunday, June 1, 2008

Buffalo Ricotta Spread and SOWA

Happy Sunday! The sun is shining, I'm feeling motivated, and I'm ready for a great day! Wow, that was super peppy! Obviously, I'm in a fabulous mood this morning-- I love spring/summer SO MUCH! 

Breakfast this morning was eggs, again. So, I noticed on the weekends that I tend to eat eggs, but during the week, I crave oatmeal. I wonder why? This morning, I had an egg white scramble with leftover roasted veggies and freshly ground pepper. 


On the side, I had toasted French bread with a buffalo-ricotta spread on top. To make the buffalo-ricotta spread
  • Add 1 tsp of buffalo sauce to 1 tbsp of ricotta
  • Stir well into a paste
  • Spread on top of bread, toast, bagel, etc. 
I spread 1 tbsp of ricotta and 1 tsp of buffalo sauce on each half of my French bread. Delish! Mal thinks I am crazy for my "kitchen concoctions," but I think it's exciting to try new combinations. Food is fun


Breakfast on our porch with iced coffees...

Mr. Mal had 3 Van's Organic Blueberry waffles with maple syrup. 


Lots to do today! Sunday's agenda includes: finishing our laundry, working out, visiting the SOWA Open Market, and catching up with a ton of wedding stuff-- we have like million thank you cards to write! 

6 Comments:

Cassie said...

Wow what a creative breakfast idea- seems you are very daring with your buffalo concotions! I have been craving eggs too today- i think I will have to incorporate them into lunch

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sounds like you have a "brunch food appetite," on the weekends :0) Good to switch it up though, so that you don't tire of oatmeal!

Good luck with your busy Sunday!

R.Shack said...

Mmmm, I love buffalo sauce (I'm from Buffalo)... I'm always looking for ways to incorporate it into my life.

I know what you mean about wanting eggs on the weekends... they just seems like the perfect laid-back food :)

Love your blog btw,
Beck

Anonymous said...

I completely agree, food is SO much fun!

That buffalo ricotta spread is a great idea, I'm going to have to experiment with something like that.

Anonymous said...

Dear Tina,

I have been meaning to thank you for reigniting my burning passion for buffalo sauce. I am very much enjoying this love affair.

Sincerely,
Erika

Anonymous said...

I'm like that too...i think eggs are just a weekend breakfast and oatmeal is a weekday breakfast. probably has to do with how long each takes to cook and the energy put into each.