Monday, June 23, 2008

Cupcakes Make Everything Better

I've been bumming all day. I have no reason at all to feel down, but I'm feeling all around depressed. Ugh. Hmmmmm... maybe it's lack of exercise and those feel-good endorphins? I dunno... but half a cupcake for dessert tonight did make me feel a little bit better.

Dinner tonight was a cannellini bean and gruyere sandwich with buffalo sauce on French bread. 


The French bread completely made the sandwich... and I guess the buffalo sauce helped too! :) With my sandwich, I also had some baby carrots dipped in hummus. 


Mal and I shared the last Babycake cupcake. It was chocolate with dark chocolate frosting and a strawberry on top. 


Here's my half... so delish! Eating it actually cheered me up. Cupcakes are such a happy food! 


I hope that I snap out of this crappy mood ASAP! How I Met Your Mother is on TV right now, so let's hope a little sitcom comedy will push my mood in the right direction.

8 Comments:

Monica said...

Dinner looks delicious! I especially want that cupcake!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

maybe you are bummed because all those delicious babycakes are gone!!!!

hope you feel cheer-ier in the morning!

Anonymous said...

Tina, hope your cupcake will do the trick! Just a couple of weeks and you will be MARRIED!!!!

Anonymous said...

I was feeling a bit like that tonight too. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling down. I forced myself to hop on the treadmill against every thought process in my head and it made me feel quite a bit better. Although if I had cupcakes lying around I probably would have opted for that feel good boost instead haha. Looks deelish. :)

Anonymous said...

Feel better! Dark chocolate anything with strawberries is a very happy thing.

Alicia said...

I do hope you feel better, Tina. And that cupcake does look delish! I have been indulging in a godiva truffle everynight as my fiance's folks bought me a box so I can understand the bit about the endorphins. :)

One Food Guy said...

Ahhh...french bread 'pizza'. Sounds great. I'm also impressed the cupcakes have lasted this long; they all would have been gone in a day in my house. Good for you!

Anne P said...

i hate days like that where you just feel down for (seemingly) no reason! hope you are feeling more cheerful this morning and got a good workout in before work - exercise always helps me! :)