Monday, June 23, 2008

Slim Pickings for Lunch

As I mentioned this morning, our kitchen is rather empty in the food department. Last night, I was exhausted and my brain couldn't put together a lunch for today, so this morning was "grab and go" with semi-random foods.

Our bananas were very ripe, basically banana bread-ripe, so I decided to mush one up with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.


I used the mushy peanut butter-banana as a spread and topped a toasted English muffin with it.


Yum! Peanut butter and banana is always a favorite. Very satisfying too.


Lunch also included a kiwi and a Nature's Choice cereal bar.


And finally, a strawberry shortcake cupcake from Babycakes. My cupcake got a little roughed-up on the commute into work, but it was still delicious!


Monday is dragging. Blah!

I added a few more products to my product review page. Feel free to check them out!

10 Comments:

Allyson said...

AHH! Love love mashed banana and PB! I actually have it yesterday :) Its great by itself or on a bagel/toast. Hope your Monday perks up!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I like your English muffin sandwich, with the banana and nut-butter; and that cupcake is so gorgeously decorated!

Amy said...

It seems like everyone has overripe bananas right now. I just made popsicles with mine.

As a random fact, I once read (in a trashy celeb mag) that Jessica Simpson loves a bowl of mashed banana with PB as a snack. Smart girl!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

19 days away!! so exciting!!

Unknown said...

Hi-
Can anyone tell me where to find Tina's recipe for iced coffee? I know it was posted recently but I can't seem to find it.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

sammie looks awesome :) hoooray for cupcakes!!

Anonymous said...

That pb and banana english muffin looks so good, even better than just sliced bananas. Mashing it all up just makes it seem more decadent haha

Anonymous said...

You really can't go wrong with banana and peanut butter. I'm not a big milk drinker, but that combination always makes me want a glass of cold milk to go with it!

Anonymous said...

The banana looked like egg and pb to me at first....I was thinking interesting combo.

I don't know if you saw my question the other day, but I have never tried pomegranate juice. I know this is a hard question to answer but what does it taste like it looks so dark in color! Is it more sweet or tarte? I know its popular.

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

My iced coffee recipe is on my FAQs page (bottom of the page). Here's the link to it: http://www.carrotsncake.com/2008/02/questions.html

Lauren,

Real pomegranate juice is a little on the tart side. Depending on the brand, however, some pomegranate juices or pomegranate juice blends are pretty sweet.