Monday, June 23, 2008

Let the Countdown Begin

Woah, Nelly! 19 days until the BIG DAY! Let the countdown begin! I need to step-it-up a little with my working out and eating right. I've been slacking off latey-- I guess it's tough to stay on track when you are surrounded by birthday cake! All I know is that I need to get my butt in gear!

Breakfast this morning was oat bran with blueberries and walnuts. We are super low on groceries, so there were slim-pickings in the breakfast department this morning.


Inside my bowl... mushy goodness.


Breakfast was filling this morning, but somehow, I'm already "hungry." My appetite has been really strange the last few days. I really think it's because I've been eating a lot of junk lately (too much cake!) I think my body is confused. Time to get back on track! Wish me luck!


Question of the Day

After a junk food bender/binge, how do you get back on track?

Me: I plan my meals a little more carefully to get myself back on track. I try to envision where more fruits and veggies will fit into my diet, and try to cut back on snacks-- mostly sweets snacks. I focus my energy on healthy, nutritious foods... sometimes a little extra effort helps me overcome junk food cravings.

5 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Just 19 days?!?!?! Incredibly exciting!!! :0D

I don't believe in overindulging/going on binges - I enjoy food each and every day, in a good, healthy amount. Why feel bad about food, or guilty?? I also remain very active - I do kickboxing, am a competitive dancer, walk everywhere, and do belly-dancing for relaxation as well.

fodie818 said...

i have to say, i don't think it's normal (maybe "common" is a better word) to NEVER overindulge or go on binges and i hope no one is disheartened by veggiegirl's post because i think falling off track occasionally is healthy as long as you get back on. most people aren't perfect and there is a difference between feeling bad about food/guilty, and feeling PHYSICALLY not your best and wanting to get back on track. i think that's what tina was getting at as opposed to beating yourself up over an indulgence.

personally, i'm similar to tina. i try to plan my meals more, eat lots of fruit and veggies. i find that it helps me to focus on WHAT i eat during a "recovery day" as opposed to how much. its really hard to eat TOO MUCH of fruits, veggies, lean protein, etc. so i try to think of it as fuel and replenshing my body of the things my cake, cookies, pizza, etc. failed to provide it with. happy monday!

Danielle said...

Omg, 19 days, I'm so excited for you! Great question of the day, by the way, I have to agree with you on your plan for "healthy eating re-emergence," take care!

Anonymous said...

To get ack on track, I have to start the day with exercise, I try to eat more protein and veggies and stay away from bread and crackers for the day and avoid snacking. I really just try to stay away from sweets too because if I have been off track for a couple of days, indulging tends to start leading more towards all or nothing thinking and I go with the ever popular "Never mind today, I will get back on track tomorrow"...

Allison

Anonymous said...

I've got to agree with you... to get back on track I just try to eat as healthy as possible... I'll usually start off with a smoothie in the morning with lots of fruit and protein to power me through... just exercising and eating well makes you feel so much better!!!