Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Dinner Highlights

Jeez, Louise! Sunday night already!? Mal and I just got home about half an hour ago-- our place is in shambles and I still need to get myself ready for the week, so tonight's post will be short and sweet-- just dinners from our 2 days at home... which were probably the most exciting meals of the weekend. :)

Sunday Night Dinner

After completing our reception seating chart with the help of our parents (it took us no time at all!), we enjoyed some appetizers-- Chex Mix (original flavor) and olive tapenade with crackers. I ate 4-5 crackers with tapenade. I broke the crackers in half, so I had about twice as much tapenade as I did crackers. The olive tapenade was delish! I looovee any and all olives!


Dinner was chicken, beef, and veggie kabobs on the grill with whole grain rice, salad, French bread, and white white (pinot grigio). I loved this meal-- all of my favorites! I drank about 4 ounces of wine with dinner.


The kabobs included marinated beef and chicken, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes.


My plate...

I ended up having a second piece of French bread. The bread was perfect-- warm, soft on the inside with a nice, hard crust... and it was amazing with a little smear of butter.


Mal's dad and I celebrated our birthdays with cake...


and ice cream. Starbuck's Java Chip is the best ever! Mal and I used to eat this flavor back in high school all of the time. It was cute that Mal's step-mom remembered-- I guess this ice cream has a special meaning to Mal and me! :)


My dessert plate...


Saturday Night BBQ

Friday night, Mal invited a bunch of friends over to his parents' house for an impromptu BBQ. The BBQ goodies included veggie kabobs...


corn on the cob, hot dogs, baked beans, and hamburgers.


Here's my plate with an ear of corn and baked beans.


My corn... husked, sweet, and a little burnt. I ate mine plain right off the cob.


My second plate of food... a small cheeseburger with mustard and grilled veggies. Yum!


I apologize for the brief post this evening. I'm pooped! I need to get my tired self into bed ASAP. Full week ahead! Goodnight, all!

6 Comments:

Mo said...

Looks like you had a fabulous weekend with some great celebrations! Cake is my krytonite as well. I love the frosting - flowers and all. Looks so good!

Anonymous said...

I love barbecued corn! But I've always husked it and then cooked it wrapped in foil. I've never tried cooking it in the husk. Is it hard to get off the husk and corn silk when its hot?

Anonymous said...

blueberryhil,

Nope, it's not hard to husk-- you just have to let the corn cool.

Anonymous said...

The grilled veggies and kabobs look so yummy! And oh my gosh...Java Chip is one of my most FAV ice creams!! Glad to hear you had a fun weekend and that the wedding planning stuff didn't take as long as you thought it would! Have a great Monday Tina!

Anonymous said...

Tina- Have you and mal really been together since high school??? That is adorable!!! That cake looks amazinggg by the way!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Aww, what a lovely cake :0)