Saturday, June 21, 2008

Birthday Party at Dillion's

Mal's birthday surprise was a success! He rounded up a bunch of my friends and had them all meet at Dillion's for a "surprise" birthday party. I already knew that Mal was planning something, so I wasn't surprised, surprised, but I was excited to see all of my friends. Of course, I didn't know who was going to be at Dillion's, so that was the "surprise" part. It was such a fun time!

My first beer of the evening was a Blue Moon with a lemon slice. I was bummed that Dillion's didn't have orange slices-- they totally make a Blue Moon. Here's my sister and me enjoying our beers...


For dinner, my sister and I split a Spinach and Goat Cheese pizza, which had marinated plum tomatoes, sauteed spinach, and goat cheese. It was delish! The pizza didn't have marinara sauce or tons of greasy cheese, so it wasn't too heavy-- and a nice change from traditional pizza. I ate 2 1/2 pieces.


Beer #2 was a commemorative Celtics 2008 Championship can of Miller Lite. So cool! (I drank 2 of these.)


Mr. Mal brought a birthday cake to the bar-- complete with candles, plates, napkins, and plastic forks. He's such a planner! :) The cake was from the Stop and Shop bakery, so it was made with many, many "unhealthy" ingredients, but that didn't stop me from having a piece with extra creamy, buttery frosting.


Right before blowing out the candels...


We're off to Littleton this afternoon to celebrate my birthday and Mal's father's birthday, which is on Sunday. (#28 has been a never-ending celebration!) We're also creating our reception seating chart (with the help of our parents) this weekend. I hear it's a big pain in the butt-- let's hope it's not too difficult for us.

Happy Saturday!

9 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a lovely birthday surprise :0)

Anonymous said...

Looks like your b-day was so fun! Good luck with seating charts.
I don't know if you saw my question yesterday.
I have never tried pomegranate juice. I know this is a hard question to answer but what does it taste like it looks so dark in color! Is it more sweet or tarte? I know its popular.

Amanda K said...

New blogger here!

I LOVE THE TITLE OF YOUR BLOG. It's so cute! I'm def going to start reading this one!

Amanda k

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated! & That pizza looks reeeeeally good right about now..

kcjjohn said...

Hi Tina, Cute Blog. The salad looks great. Happy Birthday a little late. Were am I sitting?

Becca said...

Looks like it was a great surprise, but not surprise party. The pizza sounds so good.

Anonymous said...

You and your sister are so cute together!
And that pizza looks absolutely perfect. I think next time I make a homemade pizza that's how I'm going to top it. YUM.

Erica said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like fun! The seating chart isn't too bad...we only had like 3 or 4 people that were impossible to seat! Best of luck :)