Friday, June 20, 2008

Rocking the Leftovers

Today's lunch is going to look rather familiar-- mainly because these exact same dishes made an appearance on the blog within the last couple of days. I hope they're not too boring for ya!

Lunch started with a spinach salad with corn-off-the-cob, feta, and blueberries (no strawberries this time-- I finished them off this morning). Unfortunately, my spinach leaves were a tad on the wilted side today. I still ate the whole salad, but I'm surprised how quickly the bag went bad. Bummer. I hate wasting food.


Lunch also included leftover Easy "Eggplant Parm," which tasted quite a bit better than my pathetic salad.


My afternoon snack is a couple of Cadbury chocolate squares and a banana, which I will probably eat with a spoonful (or 2) of Mighty Maple Peanut Butter. (Ever since I bought this flavor of peanut butter, I've been stealing spoonfuls right out of the jar. It's so damn delicious!)


Chocolate up close...


Question of the Day

What are your 3 favorite pieces of workout "equipment" (gadgets, apparel, sneakers, gear, etc.)?

Me: Fitness/health magazines, my ipod, and Under Armour sports bras. Best stuff ever!

8 Comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy looking salad w/ the blueberry addition! sorry to hear it went bad so fast!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

My 3 favorite pieces of workout equipment: my i-pod, my Nikes, and my hot personal trainer ;0)

Ann said...

glad you had a great birthday...and that the celebration continues. the eggplant looks good. i'll have to make it sometime soon! my 3 fav pieces: cute Nike running shorts, a stability ball, and the elliptical!

tfh said...

I am the queen of leftovers and admire you for your usual variety! My 3 favorite pieces of equipment: Ipod, yoga DVDs, and my resistance band (which I always forget about until I'm travelling, and then depend upon!).

Allison said...

yumm....cadburys...so much better than american chocolate!

sloank said...

I would have to say my three faves would be my ipod, fitness magazines, and my bike (LOVE the outdoors!)

One Food Guy said...

Mmmm...eggplant!

My three favorite workout gadgets are my heart rate monitor, my trainer (for my bike) and my iPod with the PodRunner podcast.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you got a great gift from Mal!

I have never tried pomegranate juice. I know this is a hard question to answer but what does it taste like? Is it more sweet or tarte? I know its popular.