Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Doh! Forgot My Camera!

I have some bad news, blogworld... I forgot my camera at work! Doh! My coworker, who lives down the street from me, said he will grab it for me when he is at work tomorrow, so I should be up and running again in the afternoon. For now, I have a single dinner photo, taken with my cell phone, to share. Hope you guys can use your imagination! :) 

Dinner tonight was pan-fried, breaded eggplant slices topped with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese-- sort of like eggplant parm. 


Easy "Eggplant Parm" 

Ingredients: Eggplant, egg whites, bread crumbs, marinara, parmsean cheese, olive oil

How to:

1. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch pieces.
2. Coat fry-pan with olive oil.
3. Dip eggplant slices in liquid egg whites then into bread crumbs (completely cover both sides).
4. Place pieces in fry-pan, and cook each side for approximately 3-5 minutes, until eggplant is soft.
5. Top with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese.

Sorry that I don't have exact measurements for the ingredients. I poured the egg whites in a small bowl and the bread crumbs into another bowl, and just dipped the eggplant pieces until I had dipped them all, adding more egg whites and bread crumbs as needed.

Birthday Baking

Baking is one of my favorite pastimes, and what better way to spend the eve of my birthday than baking one of my favorite recipes: Pumpkin-Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Muffins. Mmmmmm... LOVE these! The muffins are baking in the oven right now, and they smell delicious! I can't wait to have one (or 3)!

Since I don't have food photos to share tonight, here's a cute pic just for fun. Pugs are my favorite! :)


I have "Bridezillas" to watch tonight on TV! Good night, all!

8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Ahh, too bad about your camera :0( But hey, you described the dinner perfectly, so no worries! :0)

Oooh, those muffins sound FANTASTIC!! Yum!!

Anonymous said...

awwww. pugs make my heart melt...

Anonymous said...

Love the pug pic, and dinner sounds delish!

Samantha said...

I hope you have Happy Birthday, enjoy the day off, and good luck with the wedding stuff.

Erica said...

Happy Birthday!!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Happy Birthday!

Catherine Weber said...

Happy Birthday! Thanks for your comment on my blog, and finding me! I'll be adding you to my growing list of fun things to read. :)

P.S. That's not a bad dinner picture, especially from a cell phone! I'd eat that eggplant in a second!

PonderingRunningYogi said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy your day off and get to have a little fun on your special day!