Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pre-Birthday Celebration

I'm going to cruise through lunch, so I can get to the fun part of this afternoon's post! :)

Lunch was leftovers from last night's dinner: TJ's Pork Gyoza with brown rice and green beans. Today's meal was much, much, much more flavorful than last night-- likely because the ingredients soaked up all of the gyoza dipping sauce. Delish!


Lunch also included some sliced strawberries on the side.


All together...


Pre-Birthday Celebration

This afternoon, my coworkers treated me to ice cream at JP Licks to celebrate my birthday a day early. (I decided to take tomorrow off to enjoy my b-day and get some wedding stuff done... it's starting to pile up!) At JP Licks, I ordered a small Oreo ice cream in a cup. We were chatting so much, it totally blew my mind to take a photo! Oops, sorry! The JP Lick's Oreo is de-lic-ious! It's soooo much better than other Oreo flavors out there. I highly recommend it!


My pre-birthday celebration included some presents: Mollie Katzen's The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without and a pair of cute workout socks. Love them both! My officemates know me so well!

I can't wait to make some of Mollie's recipes-- just quickly flipping through the cookbook, I saw recipes for wasabi peas, asparagus crepes, and feta-walnut stuffed cucumbers. Yum! So excited to try these out!


New workout socks... which means I can throw out a pair of old, nasty ones! :)

11 Comments:

Alicia said...

Happy pre-birthday Tina! I love your new cherry socks ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oohh, sorry to leave so many comments today ... But I love that book! You have to make the mushroom stuffed mushrooms. They are awesome!
(And thanks for the vitamin D information...)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that was me, Carrie H again!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday, ahead of time! :0D Love the book!

Anne P said...

happy birthday in case i miss you tomorrow (also taking the day off)!!

Anonymous said...

That book looks super cute. As do the workout socks!

Anonymous said...

so excited about the book :) happy early birthday; It's NEVER to early to start celebrating, have fun!!

Rosiecat24 said...

Happy Almost Birthday!

I really like Mollie Katzen's cookbooks, especially her breakfast book, Sunlight Cafe. I'll be curious to see what you make out of her new cookbook.

And speaking of cookbooks, I tagged you for a cookbook meme. It's just for fun, so no worries if you'd rather not write up a culinary book report :-)

http://lifeloveandfood24.blogspot.com/2008/06/gastronomic-hedonists-library.html

Becca said...

The socks are so cute! Is JP Licks a Boston area ice cream place only? I've never heard of it before.

Anonymous said...

Becca,

Yep, I am pretty sure JP Licks is a Boston-area ice cream place. They have a few locations in and around Boston. If you ever visit, you HAVE to give their ice cream a try! :)

Sarah said...

i absolutely LOVE jp licks---it's one of the things I miss most about Boston when I go home for the summer. Coffee Oreo is my favorite (coffee and chocolate might be my 2 favorite things in life) and the oatmeal cookie hard yogurt is really good too!

Happy birthday!!