Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hungry Hump Day

I'm super-duper hungry today! Breakfast this morning was a big bowl of pumpkin oat bran with walnuts and a couple of chopped dried apricots on top.


The dried apricot pieces and walnuts gave my pumpkin oat bran some wonderful flavor variety. I especially enjoyed the sweet and crunchy mix of ingredients.

I ate my breakfast on the balcony this morning while reading the most recent issue of Boston's Stuff at Night magazine-- it was the Food Issue. Lots of good articles inside!


Just before heading out the door to work, I grabbed a dark chocolate Adora. Wait, how did those peanut butter and chocolate chips get in my hand?! How bizarre.


It's a beautiful day in the city today-- iced coffee was a must this morning! I made mine with soy milk and the other half of yesterday's French vanilla Splenda packet.


My pre-workout snack was a bowl of Puffins with soy milk. The milk really enhanced the peanut butter flavor. Delish!

For the record: I ate a similar bowl of Puffins last night after shopping. I worked up an appetite walking around the mall!


Question of the Day

What's your junk food weakness?

Me: Cake (obviously) and nachos. I love, love, love these foods! I used to have zero willpower around them, but I've learned to control myself and just have a small serving... most of the time! :)

19 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, pumpkin oat bran! Yum!

Anonymous said...

Haha, those peanut butter and chocolate chips are definitely a mystery ;o)

My junk food weakness used to be sugary cereal (think Cinnamon Toast Crunch!), but I think I overloaded, because now I can't stomach it. But of course, we move on...now it's a toss up between chocolate chips and sour gummy worms!

Anonymous said...

M&M's are my weakness! I can never resist those little guys! So good!!! And in the summer months I'm definitely always craving some good ice cream!

Did you find any outfits at the mall?? Pictures!!

Kelly said...

I believe we were talking about peanut butter chips a few weeks back (either that our cinnamon chips). I actually found a variety free from hydrogenated oils from a brand called Sunspire @ Whole Foods. My boyfriend is addicted to peanut butter so I can't wait to try them in something.

Erica said...

I need to try that PB cereal! I am going to look for it this weekend. My junk food weakness- tortilla chips. I think I could eat a million.

Beth said...

CHIPS. Any and all. Like you, I love nachos, but also feel weak around chips and salsa, chips and dip, or just plain chips sitting around at a BBQ. Darn those chips!

Anne P said...

Harvest Cheddar Sunchips and Hint of Lime Tostitos. soooooooooo goooooooooooooood!!! I can't buy them (especially if they are around while alcohol is involved) because I will eat them all!!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

my weakness is definitely ice cream + cookies!!! Whole Foods chocolate chip cookies to be exact, and chocolate peanut butter frozen yogurt. When I have either of those it is hard to stick to a small portion!

Anonymous said...

My weakness is peanut butter!!! I can eat an entire jar by the spoonfuls, which is obviously like a month's worth of calories! ha ha ha

PonderingRunningYogi said...

Food weakness=sweets in general. Mostly homebaked goods though (cookies, cakes, etc.)...much better than candy bars and other cheap sweets.
Everything in moderation though, right?! :)

Samantha said...

What is the serving size (dry) of oat bran that you generally make?

Anonymous said...

Sammie,

I use 1/3 cup of dry oat bran.

Anonymous said...

im in boston and i was wondering if you could reccommend any good sushi restaurants??

Anonymous said...

AshleyB,

What area of Boston are you in? Some of my favorites:

Fugakyu (Brookline)
Fuji (Quincy Center)
Takemura (Harvard Square)
Osushi (Copley Hotel)

Sarah said...

my weakness is definitely ice cream. i only let myself get it when i'm out because if i keep it in the house i devour it straight out of the carton.

Anonymous said...

I second the people saying the need to find that PB Puffins cereal. it looks soo good!

my junk food weakness... ice cream for one, definitely. Like Dairy Queen. I haven't done this in awhile, but my mom and I were known for going and getting large cookie dough "blizzards." its a crazy amount of calories but yummmm.

I tried Coldstone recently and had a "birthday cake remix", which might have topped the blizzards. very dangerous.

also I can totally eat numerous bowls of cereal with soy/almond milk, if I am in a numerous-bowls-of-cereal mood.

have a great hump day! :D

tfh said...

My weaknesses are definitely ice cream and frosting. Preferably frosted ice cream. My weakness would be cake if it were a cake with 10% cake, 90% frosting. Not that I can't go through a jar of peanut butter or bowls of cereal like the best of them!

littlegirl said...

i had pumkpin and bran oat this morning too! and it's delicious!

Samantha said...

Thanks for answering my question Tina, also I liked Mel's post, he did a decent job and I like his tribute to you.
ashleyb,
I have been to Fuji, it is awesome sushi, I highly recommend the place.