Friday, June 27, 2008

M&Ms to the Rescue!

I'm so glad that the work day is moving right along! Besides Peanut Butter Puffins, I've got Happy Hour on my mind! Can't wait to be outside in the sunshine enjoying a cocktail! :)

Lunch today was spaghetti squash with some Walnut Acres Tomato & Basil Sauce. (Keeping it simple today!)


Also part of lunch: 2 juicy plums! I hadn't eaten a plum since last summer, so honestly, I was kind of excited to eat these today! They were sooooo delicious!


Oh boy. I really don't like to bash products on my blog, but I feel the need to "warn" you guys about these Yotta Bars. I had the Apple Cinnamon flavor with lunch today, and it was not at all tasty. The bar was bland and did not have a strong apple flavor. It actually had a very strange aftertaste... not at all sweet like I was expecting. The bar contains a serving of vegetables, so maybe that's what I was tasting? Or maybe it was the flavor that I chose-- perhaps their other bars are tastier? Sorry, Yotta Bar!


The bar was also visually unappetizing. I had 2 bites and tossed the rest. Sadly, I am not a fan of Yotta Bars. I'll be sticking to Larabars in the future!


Lunch all together...


I was bummed about the Yotta Bar, especially since I like to have something sweet at the end of my meals, and the Yotta Bar did not satisfy that craving one bit. Instead, I decided to dig into the office candy bowl for a handful of plain M&Ms. They hit the spot!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't left a comment before but I read your blog all the time...
I just bought "no pudge brownie mix" (bought from stop and shop) and there's a method that you can make a single serve brownie instead of a whole tray (for fear of eating the whole tray!)....
It was AMAZING, so moist and doughy, if you eat it right away out of the microwave.
I ended my lunch with it and just thought of this blog because you're a dessert fiend (in a good way).
All you do to make them is add fat free plain yogurt + vanilla extract (or vanilla yogurt)...For single serve, 2 tablespoons of the brownie mix + 1 tablespoon of yogurt, microwave for a minute!!!. I couldn't believe how easy and delicious.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I haven't had spaghetti squash since winter - looks delish!! Especially with that tomato & basil sauce - yum!!

Have you ever tried pluots or plumcots?? They're kind of like plums...

Larabars > other bars ;0)

Anonymous said...

Jessie,

I love the No Pudge Brownie Mix! I haven't had it in awhile though. Thank you for the reminder! I'm going to buy some next shopping trip! :)

healthy ashley said...

The bar just looks gross! How did it smell?

I definitely would have had some M&Ms, too! Have a great weekend!

Blog Energizer said...

Sorry you didn't like the Apple Cinnamon bar. Have you tried Cherry or Orange Yotta bars? Cherry is our #1 best seller. I would be happy to send you and your readers free samples. Send an email with a snail mail address to info@undercoverveg.com and mention this blog.
Healthy Living,

TJ Ewing
Co-Founder, Undercover Vegetable Company
Makers of Yotta bars
www.undercoverveg.com

Beth said...

Dang, Yotta Bar found you fast!!

Anonymous said...

for anyone looking for a good apple cinnamon bar i highly recommend the one in the genisoy organic line. the best way to describe these bars is a cross between a clif z-bar and a lara bar. they're delicious and have a good nutritional profile too. give one a try if you come across them!