Friday, June 27, 2008

Just Call Me T. Puffins

I can't get enough of these Peanut Butter Puffins!!! No joke, I had dreams about them last night! I woke up this morning and immediately thought: "Puffins!" I actually grabbed a small handful of them before I got in the shower-- I just couldn't wait until breakfast! Ok, I am officially obsessed!


Breakfast this morning was (obviously) a big bowl of PB Puffins with banana slices and soy milk.


Honestly, I almost never eat just one bowl of cereal, so after this bowl, I poured myself another (smaller) portion of PB Puffins with soy milk, no banana slices this time.


Up close... how delicious does this breakfast look?! Usually, cereal doesn't hold me over until lunch, but I just had to have my Puffins this morning! I did eat 2 bowls of cereal, so let's hope they will do the trick.


Also, iced coffee to go... in Mal's Boston University travel mug.

I finished off our batch of iced coffee this morning (sorry, Mal!), so today's iced coffee was more of an iced misto (1/2 coffee, 1/2 soy milk) than regular iced coffee. It was still yummy though!


Question of the Day

Today's "Question of the Day" comes from one of the blog readers. Thanks, Amy! :)

What are your good tips for not eating too much right before bed/after dinner?

Me: I posted these ideas in yesterday's comments...

  • Brush, floss, mouthwash. The whole process slows me down, and I don't want to eat and ruin my clean teeth!
  • Give yourself a manicure. Can't eat with wet nails!
  • Organize something in your house (closet, junk drawer, etc.) Once I get started, I can't stop, plus the activity distracts my eating/food thoughts.
  • "Close" the kitchen. Put a chair in front of the doorway to signal that the kitchen is closed/no more eating.

15 Comments:

WWSuzi said...

I love puffins too!! On the eating topic i simply trying to not eat anything after dinner. Period!! Doesn't always work but it does 95% of the time ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE puffins!!! But I can't buy them - I eat the whole box.

The Peanut Butter Boy said...

Brushing teeth and flossing works real well for me. The other thing I find recently is that I thoroughly enjoy going to bed a little hungry. That way, I'm even more super excited for breakfast. Also, what you could do is set aside a treat for yourself to have every night, for me recently it's been these sugar-free fudgsicles. I'm pretty sure they are sugar alcohols and not artificial sweeteners, but they taste delicious and only 40 calories. They keep me from snacking/eating too much at dinner because I look forward to one at like 9:30 or 10:00.

As for the puffins, I love those PB ones! I made a pie crust out of them before that turned out incredible: Chocolate & Triple Peanut Butter Pie. They really are a perfect snack though.

Beth said...

I feel normal now. When I first bought puffins I, too wanted to eat them for 3 meals a day :D

Anonymous said...

I started reading your blog a few days ago and it has been put in my list of daily blog reads! I really like it and your pictures are very nice.
My family thinks I am such a wacko because of my love for Puffins. I love them too and was excited to see there are other Puffins fans!!
Instead of munching on sugary things (like jelly beans, my weakness), I have a handful of frozen grapes/strawberries. Works pretty good followed by some hot ginger tea!

Aimee said...

I'm scared to even bring the PB Puffins in my house. I've had them and am obsessed like you. Do you think it's something they put in there? Nah ! :) they are just that good!

Anonymous said...

thanks SO MUCH for those ideas! their GREAT! ill have to try them tonight. have a great day at work, and remember the weekends around the corner! :o)

Anonymous said...

On the question, my house has two stories and our kitchen is upstairs and our bedrooms is downstairs (weird, I know!) and I simply make myself go downstairs for the rest of the evening. It seems like it takes too much effort to go upstairs for a mindless snack.

And I agree with everyone else, I can't buy puffins or I eat the whole bag WAY too quickly. Cereal+me=no self control.

Anonymous said...

the brushing your teeth definitely works for me :)

PonderingRunningYogi said...

I gotta throw this out there (and feel like a loner) but I did NOT like the PB Puffins when I bought them. I think it's cuz they're corn based and I much prefer wheat :) Oh well...everyone else seems to love them!
Regarding the evening snacking, I often will allow myself a small "treat" after dinner (often a York peppermint patty!) and it usually does the trick. Also, keep yourself busy (I usually go on an evening walk) so you're not munching in front of the TV, computer etc. Also, sipping on tea/water or brushing my teeth works well!

Anonymous said...

So I tried the brushing teeth/flossing last night and it worked wonders so thank you Tina! All of these suggestions are great and helpful too, thanks for using my question!

Anonymous said...

I ALWAYS eat in the evenings! I have to! I have managed my weight just fine while eating a 500+ calorie snack before bed. But, I guess I maintain on almost double the calorie amount of what most chicks eat. My metabolism just burns right through it. So, I say, if you're TRULY hungry and can afford the calories, eat away!

Unknown said...

Glad to know i'm not the only one who doesn't buy the pb puffins to avoid eating half the box in one sitting! Good tips on trying not to eat after dinner, I'll have to try those out...

Erica said...

Def bought puffins today and they are ridiculously good!!

Catherine Weber said...

I think the thing that's helped me curb the nighttime munchies better is eating dinner a little later -- around 8:00 or even a little later. I usually get home from work a little after 6:00, and have a small snack to tide me over while I cook. Plus, I try to make really delicious desserts from scratch, so I eat one very satisfying treat, instead of several not quite satisfying treats!