Thursday, June 26, 2008

Spaghetti Squash Egg Sandwich

Tonight was all about experimentation in the kitchen (obviously inspired by Mollie Katzen's recipes)! (P.S. I'm having some bizarre cravings lately!)

Tonight's experiment: Spaghetti Squash Egg Sandwich with Buffalo Cheese Dip/Spread. (Bizarre, I tell ya!)


Spaghetti Squash Egg Sandwich
Makes 1

Ingredients:
1 English muffin (toasted)
1/3 cup spaghetti squash
1 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Heat fry pan and coat with olive oil.
3. Pour mixture into fry pan.
4. Heat each side until fully cooked.


Buffalo Cheese Dip/Spread
Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:
1/4 cup ricotta
1/4 cup shredded cheese
1 tbsp buffalo sauce

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl.
2. Nuke in microwave for 30 seconds.
3. Stir well.

If you desire, spread Buffalo-Ricotta Cheese on each side of English muffin before adding Spaghetti Squash Egg. This sandwich is most definitely an exciting mix of flavors!


Dessert: My new obsession...


I'm off! I've got a hot date with Target tonight! Let's hope I "behave" myself! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that's pretty bizarre.

And yet I want one...

chandra said...

Bizarre foods always seem to taste best in my opinion. :)

I made a Target trip today as well... you should stop over to my blog to see how it went. heehee

Anonymous said...

I saw your sandwich and found it quite bizarre and couldn't decide what I thought of it. My husband walked over while I was reading and looked at it and said "Oh my god, that sounds fantastic!!" It made me laugh and appreciate how different everyone's taste are!

And I was intriqued to see how far I can test my husband's taste!!