Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Salad, a Muffin, a Modern Kitchen

I've been a busy bee this morning! I've been diligently working and getting a lot accomplished, so instead of breaking for lunch, I decided to keep the momentum flowing by just grabbing a salad from the salad bar in the cafe. Like usual, today's salad included a little bit of everything. Salad highlight: sweet golden-yellow cherry tomatoes.


I wasn't really craving salad for lunch, but knew my body needed some fresh veggies in it. (I swear, we will go grocery shopping tonight!) I ended up making a salad, but also decided I wanted a sweet, carby blueberry muffin (in a bad way!) It was delicious and hit the spot! Sometimes, you just gotta give into your cravings!


After finishing my homemade iced coffee this morning, I still had quite a bit of ice leftover in my travel mug, which, to me, meant another potential iced coffee. So, I brewed a cup of hot coffee in the office, let it chill in the fridge for a few hours, and then added it to the remaining ice. I'm surprised that it actually worked! Yay to afternoon iced coffee! :) I also had a Hershey's kiss... well, 2 Hershey kisses.


Modern Kitchen Finds

I was reading around the blogs recently, and stumbled upon a wonderful home decor blog called Modern Design Blog. You guys know how I love fun, kitchen gadgets and decor, so I just had to share these posts with you. Lots of cool stuff!

Modern Design Finds for Fruit: These are amazing design alternatives to traditional fruit bowls. I love the Yumbrella fruit bowl! It's so cute! I want one! :)

Modern Barware for a Sizzling Summer
: These funky bar tools will add flare to summer parties-- they'd also make fun hostess gifts! I especially love the colorful and adorable parrot corkscrews!

And for you Sex and the City fans, Sex and the City Modern Designs. So cool! I love checking our their apartments more closely!

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina and and all readers,

Heads up-- there is a current outbreak of salmonella in tomatoes. Here is a link to a news story. http://health.usnews.com/articles/health/healthday/2008/06/10/consumers-urged-to-avoid-certain-tomatoes-amid.html

Consumers are being urged to avoid certain types.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Thankfully, the salmonella outbreak did NOT affect cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes, tomatoes sold with the vine still attached, and homegrown tomatoes.

Anonymous said...

looks good! did your sweet tooth attack you just like mine........like it ALWAYS does >:( ive never heard of modern kitchen but it sounds nice! have a happy tuesday!

Erica said...

Thank you for the awesome links!

Anonymous said...

Yum...

Great job w/ listening to your body & giving into your cravings once in a while, it's awesome to see fellow bloggers do that :)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Please don't worry about answering my q's until you have time. I am sure with wedding planning you are supper busy!

Do you have any tips on how not to snack at work? When stressed and or bored?

Also, do you eat breakfast before you work out? If not, how are you not hungry while exercising?

Anonymous said...

Lauren,

Here's a link to ideas about how to avoid office food temptations: http://www.carrotsncake.com/2008/02/reader-tips-for-avoiding-office.html

Sometimes, I will eat a snack before the gym-- it just depends if I am hungry or not when I wake up. If I do have a snack, it's usually toast with peanut butter or jelly.