Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So, I'm Not Perfect

Sooooo, I misbehaved last night... which I guess happens when the weather is warm and the Celtics are in the finals. To sum up the evening: Too much fun=one too many drinks=paying for it in the morning! I decided to take a sick day from work today, which seems like a cop-out to me, but I am going to make the best of it and get a lot of personal/wedding things accomplished! 

Last night's "event" started at 6:00 with margaritas at the Cactus Club. Here's margarita #1... on the rocks with salt. 


Dinner was a tough decision. To be expected, the menu at Cactus Club didn't have many healthy, low-cal options. I also didn't want a meal that would sit heavy in my stomach on such a hot evening-- it just makes me feel gross. I decided on the Avocado Flautas, fried red chili tortilla flutes filled with avocados, black beans, tomatoes, and cheese. Garnished with Key lime sour cream, salsa, and guacamole. The Avocado Flautas (aka "Lincoln Logs") where amazing! I loved them! The guacamole was perfect-- smooth, flavorful, delicious! My "garbage disposal" guy friends helped me finish these off. 


Margarita #2... here's where things went downhill. I was already pretty buzzed after the first margarita-- I totally didn't need a second one!


At this point in the night, it's almost game time. Our group headed to another bar, where I decided that I might as well have a beer (as if 2 margaritas weren't enough!) Here's my Blue Moon... I ended up having, um, 2 of these! Total drink tally: 2 margaritas, 2 beers. Obviously, I wasn't 100% this morning! 


One bad night is not the end of the world for me. It just means that the following day is back on track! I woke up at 6:15 with Mal, and made myself an extensive to do list for the day. (No slugging around for me!) 

I ate breakfast on our balcony this morning. It was so relaxing. I love having some extra time in the morning. Breakfast was a repeat of the last 2 mornings: banana walnut oatmeal. (We still haven't gone grocery shopping!) Delish, as always, but I'm ready to some variety in my breakfast! 


Happy Hump Day, blog world! 

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! That meal/drink looks so delicious!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Ha, I feel you, I ate three cookies last night so I sort of feel like I 'misbehaved' too. But we need a day like that every now and then to inspire us to start over fresh the next meal, day, etc. Hope you get a lot accomplished today!

Anonymous said...

Key lime sour cream?? That sounds amazing! Oh- and so do the margaritas, obviously.

Looks like you had a fun night :)

Anonymous said...

Those flautas look divine!! Looks like you had a great night. A splurge is deserved, you are so disciplined all the time.=)

Anne P said...

haha, how fun! "sick" days are the best... it's so nice to have time to get all the stuff done that you normally can't do since you're at work! have a good day!

Anonymous said...

That dinner looks SO good.
Hang over days suck but at least you enjoyed yourself the night before. Gotta have one of those overindulgence nights every once in a while ;)

Anonymous said...

We all have our "bad" days, and trust me mine get a lot worse than that! :P

Anonymous said...

seeing you eat banana walnut oatmeal every morning is making me crave it, hahahaha!
and don't feel bad; i procrastinated for finals last night by devouring a huge pizookie with my roommate!

arielle said...

margaritas are more than worth it in my opinion.

Melissa said...

haha it could be much worse! I mean at least you kept the calories in the alcohol and didn't raid the fridge when you got home. Plus, you gotta live once in a while!

Unknown said...

Mmmm...Banana Walnut Oatmeal? Do you make that yourself or can you buy it somewhere? I really enjoy that Kashi Golden Brown Maple Oatmeal.