Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Taste Bud Satisfaction

Maybe its my vastly improved mood, but everything that I have eaten today tastes so much better than usual. It's almost as if my taste buds appreciate the flavor and texture of the foods much more. Maybe my taste buds are just en fuego today?! All I know is that my mouth, stomach, and brain (mind) are extremely content.

Lunch this afternoon was the other half of last night's sandwich (cannellini bean and gruyere sandwich on French bread with buffalo sauce) as well as baby carrots and an Apple Pie Larabar. Each part of lunch stimulated my taste buds and left me quite satisfied.


My afternoon snack is a serving (3/4 cup) of Barbara's Peanut Butter Puffins cereal and a banana. I'm a huge fan of Puffins cereals, but I have never tried the peanut butter flavor. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried these for the first time last night (I sampled a few while packing my lunch). The Peanut Butter Puffins are airy, little pillows with a big crunch. They sort of remind me of Captain Crunch cereal, but not nearly as sugary sweet (and much bigger in size). In fact, the peanut butter flavor is rather subtle; it's not at all that "in-your-face" artificial peanut butter flavoring. I'm glad that I gave this cereal a try-- you'll be seeing many more posts with Peanut Butter Puffins!


Wow, this day has flown by! Let's hope the rest of the week does the same!

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Pb Puffins are delish!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

LARABAR!! :0)

Yes, today actually HAS flown by (unlike yesterday, which felt like an eternity).

Beth said...

I have an unhealthy love affair with PB Puffins.