Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bedtime Already?

Tonight flew by! I can't believe it's almost 9:00 already! After work, I went for a 5 mile run... well, a run with quite a few walking moments mixed in. I haven't been running in a couple of weeks now, and my body was definitely making that fact loud and clear this evening! It was a tough workout! Oh well, it leaves room for improvement, right?

Dinner tonight included a couple of new things: Veggie dip and an Annie's Organic Skillet Meal. My dinner from above...


For my carrots, I made a yogurt dip inspired by a recipe that I found in the August issue of Fitness magazine

Sweet and Spicy Yogurt Dip

1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp hot sauce*
sprinkle of salt and pepper 
veggie crudites

Directions: Combine ingredients. Enjoy with veggie crudites.

*The dip had a bland-ish flavor, so I decided to add a little hot sauce to it, which gave it some pep and more flavor. I didn't measure the exact amount of hot sauce, so feel free to add as much (or as little) as you'd like! In my opinion, the spicier the better! :)


Dinner's main course was one of Annie's Organic Skillet Meals. Tonight we had the Cheeseburger Macaroni flavor to which we added ground turkey. The Organic Cheeseburger Macaroni is made with elbow-shaped pasta and a creamy, flavorful cheddar cheese sauce. The whole meal only took about 20 minutes to prepare, and was very tasty. A single box made a ton of food too-- it feed 3 people, 2 of which were guys. 

My portion was super filling! 


Dessert was a piece of whole wheat toast with a teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of Claire's pumpkin butter, topped with leftover M&Ms from our wedding welcome bags. 


Not the best photo, but you can kind of read "Tina & Mal 7/12/08" on the M&Ms. We included small packages of these candies in our guests' welcome bags. 


Tonight's workout exhausted me! I am sooo ready for bed! Let's hope I can sleep tonight! Good night, all! :) 

10 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Today definitely flew by - whew!!

Oooh, such fun M&M's!! :0)

Have a great evening

chandra said...

I've loved seeing you wedding and honeymoon pictures!! You're so beautiful!

And you have just made me crave a pb/chocolate chip sandwich... I am on my way to the kitchen in 2.2 seconds...

PonderingRunningYogi said...

I love the M&Ms...too cute!

Anonymous said...

Your panini's look soo good! And I always love your little bread/nut butter/chocolate desserts! They are always so cute!!

I can't remember if I posted on your wedding pictures or not...but wow, that looks like it was such an amazing trip! I love all of your swimsuits too! The breakfast terrace is gorgeous, and Plunge's water seating looks like so much fun as well.

Thanks for sharing with us!!! I want to go on a vacation now!

Anonymous said...

cute m&m's!!!

Rose said...

Great idea with the m & m's - very creative favor!

Samantha said...

I just got back from a road trip so I am sorry I didn't comment earlier about your wedding photos. You look beautiful & Mel looks very handsome - perfect couple!! I love the picturesque setting - you really got lucky with the weather.
Your honeymoon spot was breathtaking. Sounds like you two were able to relax and enjoy your 1st week as husband & wife together.
It is nice to have you back on the blogging scene.

Protea said...

Hey Tina
First of all congrats! The wedding and the honeymoon all looked wonderful and you two show just how happy you are! I wish all the best!
I'm also a hotmail turned gmail girl. Much better! The speed, the navigation, and how easy is it to find an old email, but just searching the word? I find the chat could be better, as I often don't see when I have a message, if gmail is minimized, or if I'm on another tab. And after reading about goggle reader here today I went there and gave it a goal. 5 hours later I can leave my verdict. No, I don't like it. Maybe I did something wrong, but it doesn't show the comments or the side bars and ads. Call me weird but I kind of like to see the blog the exact way the blogger designed it. : )
So I'll keep on opening blog by blog from my bookmark list instead.
I've just restarted my blog recently, so give just me a couple of weeks until it starts to become more interesting! : )
d

Anonymous said...

Those M&M's are adorable!!

Hope you were able to get a good night sleep and weren't too sore after a few week hiatus from running!

sweetsandsweats.wordpress.com

Alicia said...

Like the rest, I dig those M & M s as well. I like your positive attitude about running, Tina. I'm pretty sure that you will get back your groove. :)