Thursday, July 31, 2008

Leisurely Work Lunch

Lunch was such a treat today! One of my coworkers invited our department (10 people) to her apartment for a home-cooked meal. The food was absolutely wonderful! The best part though was the 2 hours away from the office! I felt incredibly refreshed when I sat down at my desk after such a relaxing and enjoyable meal. We should always have 2 hours lunches, right?

On today's lunch menu: baked ziti, marinated cucumber and squash, and a salad of cherry tomatoes, green beans, and feta. A store-bought potato salad was also served, but I decided to pass on it. I'd much rather eat dishes made from the heart! :)


Before the meal, we had brie, crackers, and green grapes as an appetizer. I was waiting for the "main course," so I only munched on 1 cracker with a tiny smear of brie and a couple of grapes.


As a beverage, I enjoyed an "iced tea spritzer" made with 1/2 iced tea and 1/2 Pellegrino.


My plate...


My coworker had the most spectacular roof deck off her apartment. It was truly amazing! Here's a shot of her roof deck garden... I'm very jealous! My patio only gets direct sunlight for a few hours in the afternoon, so we are limited with our growing choices. My coworker's veggies and herb are thriving!


The roof deck had gorgeous views of Boston!



I didn't think I'd need a snack after my leisurely work lunch, but now, I don't think I can make it until dinnertime without eating a little something. I think my body is used to a pattern of eating-- I always seem to get hungry around 4:00 everyday... but am I hungry or "hungry"? Sometimes it's hard to tell. Anyway, I just broke out a Banana Cookie Larabar as a snack. I've heard great things about this flavor-- can't wait to try it!

5 Comments:

Beth said...

Your Daytimer scribbles are freaking me out! I am so anal, I use WHITE OUT in mine. I hate scribbles! Hahahaha!

Sarah @ See Sarah Eat said...

Ooh, your lunch sounds great and relaxing! We all need to do that once in a while. I can't wait to hear how you like the banana cookie flavor...I have not tried that one myself yet. Have you had the peanut butter flavor? I tried it yesterday and either I was really hungry or it was really good because I loved it! Have a good night :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Banana Cookie Larabar = definitely one of my favorite flavors.

Samantha said...

I would love to have a view like that. Banana Cookie is my favorite, I hope you enjoy!
Do you know how your blog made it into the paper, I mean besides the obvious (it is one of the best)?

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous co-workers!!! I wish I could escape from here for 2 hours for a home cooked meal.

*jealous!*

sweets&sweats