Thursday, July 31, 2008

Leisurely Work Lunch

Lunch was such a treat today! One of my coworkers invited our department (10 people) to her apartment for a home-cooked meal. The food was absolutely wonderful! The best part though was the 2 hours away from the office! I felt incredibly refreshed when I sat down at my desk after such a relaxing and enjoyable meal. We should always have 2 hours lunches, right?

On today's lunch menu: baked ziti, marinated cucumber and squash, and a salad of cherry tomatoes, green beans, and feta. A store-bought potato salad was also served, but I decided to pass on it. I'd much rather eat dishes made from the heart! :)


Before the meal, we had brie, crackers, and green grapes as an appetizer. I was waiting for the "main course," so I only munched on 1 cracker with a tiny smear of brie and a couple of grapes.


As a beverage, I enjoyed an "iced tea spritzer" made with 1/2 iced tea and 1/2 Pellegrino.


My plate...


My coworker had the most spectacular roof deck off her apartment. It was truly amazing! Here's a shot of her roof deck garden... I'm very jealous! My patio only gets direct sunlight for a few hours in the afternoon, so we are limited with our growing choices. My coworker's veggies and herb are thriving!


The roof deck had gorgeous views of Boston!



I didn't think I'd need a snack after my leisurely work lunch, but now, I don't think I can make it until dinnertime without eating a little something. I think my body is used to a pattern of eating-- I always seem to get hungry around 4:00 everyday... but am I hungry or "hungry"? Sometimes it's hard to tell. Anyway, I just broke out a Banana Cookie Larabar as a snack. I've heard great things about this flavor-- can't wait to try it!

9 Comments:

Beth said...

Your Daytimer scribbles are freaking me out! I am so anal, I use WHITE OUT in mine. I hate scribbles! Hahahaha!

Sarah said...

Ooh, your lunch sounds great and relaxing! We all need to do that once in a while. I can't wait to hear how you like the banana cookie flavor...I have not tried that one myself yet. Have you had the peanut butter flavor? I tried it yesterday and either I was really hungry or it was really good because I loved it! Have a good night :)

VeggieGirl said...

Banana Cookie Larabar = definitely one of my favorite flavors.

Sammie said...

I would love to have a view like that. Banana Cookie is my favorite, I hope you enjoy!
Do you know how your blog made it into the paper, I mean besides the obvious (it is one of the best)?

sweetsandsweats said...

What a fabulous co-workers!!! I wish I could escape from here for 2 hours for a home cooked meal.

*jealous!*

sweets&sweats

Joe said...

Pattis Bridal bridal gowns Private Label by G bridal gowns Pronovias bridal gowns Raylia Designs bridal gowns Romantic Bridals bridal gownsStrapless bridal gowns Straps bridal gowns Sweetheart bridal gowns V-Neck bridal gowns Short bridal gowns Knee Length bridal gowns Tea Length bridal gowns Ankle Length bridal gowns Floor Length bridal gowns Sweep Train bridal gowns JLM Couture bridesmaid dresses Jordan Fashions bridesmaid dresses Landa bridesmaid dresses Liz Fields bridesmaid dresses Mackenzie Michaels bridesmaid dresses Mia Solano bridesmaid dresses Mon Cheri bridesmaid dresses Moonlight bridesmaid dresses Mori Lee bridesmaid dresses Pretty Maids bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

Adrianna Papell prom dresses Alexia Designs prom dresses Alfred Angelo prom dresses Alyce Designs prom dresses Amelie Bridal prom dresses Antonio Castelli prom dresses Atelier Alyce prom dresses Bella Formals prom dresses BG Haute prom dresses Blondie Nites prom dresses Bonny prom dresses Cassandra Stone prom dresses Cire prom dresses Clarisse prom dresses Da Vinci prom dresses Envi prom dresses Enzoani prom dresses Faviana prom dresses Flash Prom prom dresses Forever Yours prom dresses Gigi prom dresses Hannah S prom dresses Impression prom dresses Interlude prom dresses Jessica McClintock prom dresses Johnathan Kayne prom dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses