Monday, July 28, 2008

Prosciutto Red Onion Pizza

Sorry for the late post-- I decided to go shopping after dinner. After only 2 weeks of marriage, I have already "let myself go." I'm kidding! :) However, my work attire has definitely become much more relaxed... even sort of sloppy. After an especially horrendous outfit today, I've decided to "step-it-up" and update my work wardrobe. I managed to find a few new, cute things at Target and Old Navy for relatively cheap, and I am looking forward to incorporating them into my work wear. I'll try to take some photos of my new and improved outfits in the coming days! :)

Dinner tonight was a yummy homemade pizza with prosciutto, mozzarella, caramelized red onion, black olives, and garlic. I loved the combo of ingredients! I was totally in the mood for the garlic and onion flavors. My piece doesn't look that large in my photo, but trust me, it was sizable! 


The pizza before going into the oven... it took just 20 minutes to cook. We used store-bought pizza dough for the crust. 


Afternoon Snack

The cookie temptations in my office have been out of control lately! Again, today, a massive number of leftover cookies appeared in my office. I wasn't even sure if I needed a snack this afternoon, and then I ate a huge carmel chip cookie. At the time, I throughly enjoyed every single bite, but about an hour later, I was really disappointed in myself. Not that I shouldn't treat myself to an occasional goodie, but I've been overdoing it in the sweets department lately... plus I wasn't even hungry! Time to get back on track! 


Good night, all! I need my rest for a serious cookie-burning workout in the morning! :) 

12 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looking forward to seeing the photographs of your "new and improved outfits"!! :0)

Garlic & onion = makes everything (well, almost everything) taste better :0)

A caramel-chip cookie??!?!?! How delectable-sounding!!!

Mo said...

I know what you mean about letting yourself go at work. I feel like my clothes have been so blah lately. Luckily, I'm in sales, so I'm in a different place everyday. That helps when you are rotating only about 4-5 outfits. ;)

Unknown said...

wow the pizza looks great!

Samantha said...

I am a stay at home mom & I refuse to be frump mommy so I totally agree with you on having a nice wardrobe. When you are dressed in stylish clothes you like it just makes you feel good. Enjoy your new clothes!!
You pizza recipes always sound so yummy.

HangryPants said...

Tina, You have a ridiculous amount of sweet treats coming through your office, so considering that, I think you are super at controlling yourself.

- Heather (Hangry Pants)

Trying To Heal said...

new outfits are always fun!!!!!! can't wait to see pictures of them!

and your pizza looks so good! did you make your own crust? so yummy!

Anonymous said...

that pizza looks soooooooo delish!

Quinn said...

I know exactly how you feel about feeling "eh" about your wardrobe. So often I find myself standing in front of my closet, just staring aimlessly into it, not being able to pull something together. Apparently you can hire stylists who will come into your house, analyze what you already have and put together new looks for you with what's already existing. In a perfect world, and in my perfect wallet, I would do that, but alas I'm left to the aimless stares. Hope your new pieces jazz up your selection!

Anonymous said...

Tina-

what kind of pizza crust do you buy and where from? looks really yummy!

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks so yummy!

I too have gotten really lucky with buying some very cute, inexpensive work pieces from Target. I've gotten a couple dresses, skirts, and jackets by the Isaac Mizrahi for Target line, and they always elicit compliments...probably just as many as the Theory, Kenneth Cole, etc. pieces I own. And the Target things were literally a fraction of the price! You have to love good deals :) I find that Banana Republic has the best sales, too. I just got a really cute pair of black sateen capri pants for $30. I definitely advocate dressing up (to an appropriate extent) for work; it just makes you feel happier and more confident. I'm sure your 'new and improved' work outfits are lovely!

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks fantastic. I really sympathize with those regretful feelings after enjoying something. Sometimes that bad feeling is just not worth it!

Looking forward to seeing fashion photos- I find that when my outfit is put-together and well-accessorized, I function much better at work. Enjoy that feeling!

Beth said...

I'm making a proscuitto pizza tonight - it is an Ellie Krieger recipe she made this weekend. Spinach, parm cheese, proscuitto and an egg on top of each slice (the egg is baked in the oven!). I'm excited