Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Blog, A Beer

While I type this post, I am throughly enjoying a glass of Sea Dog Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale. Mal treated himself to some "Black and Blues" tonight (Guinness + blueberry-flavored beer), so I swiped half of a bottle of Sea Dog Blueberry. The beer compliments a pizza dinner perfectly! 


For dinner tonight, I made homemade pizza with green peppers and onions. The crust is Joseph's All Purpose Dough (found in the refrigerator section at Stop & Shop), and the cheese was an Italian blend (also from Stop and Shop). 


My pieces of pizza...


After dinner, I ate a handful of chocolate and peanut butter chips. I ate 6 or 7 chips before I snapped the photo. As always, a great treat! 


The plan for the rest of the evening: Olympics, friends, and beers! :)

13 Comments:

Fitnessista said...

mmmm beer and pizza- a match made in heaven :D
have a great night!

Quinn said...

I tried that beer on a recent trip to Maine. Very tasty. And nothing goes better with beer than pizza. Or a hot dog, at a game. Or basically any bar fare. But nothing goes better with pizza than beer. There, that's better.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Looove your "handful" dessert :0)

Anonymous said...

Yumm..I love homemade pizza and of course blueberry beer!

Danielle said...

Sounds like quite the fun evening, enjoy yourself!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your evening. I am addicted to the Olympics too!

Caitlin said...

that beer looks and sounds great! nothing like a little fruit in beer :P

Anonymous said...

Pizza, beer and the Olympics. That sounds like a perfect Tuesday night. That would even be a perfect Friday night!

sweetsandsweats.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

That pizza is SO pretty! mmmmm

Anonymous said...

Are you reading What to Eat by Marion Nestle? I think that's what I see beneath your handful of dessert! That book should be on every foodie's bookshelf - it's such a great reference.

Tina said...

Andrea,

Yes it is! Good eye! I just got it the other day-- I'll probably start reading it tonight! :)

TheRavenousMommy said...

Yum! You've got to try a Black Velvet! I first had one about a month ago at the suggestion of our bartender. It's half hard cider, half guiness. SO good :)

Tony said...

that pizza looks delicious. I love your homemade creations.