Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pluot? Huh?

So, I learned (and tried) something new today! Last week on the blog, I posed the question: "What is your favorite hybrid fruit," and the overwhelming response was a "pluot." I had never heard of a pluot; I actually felt like I was missing out on an amazing fruit! So, while I was at the grocery store this afternoon, I decided to seek out these popular pluots. If you're curious, a pluot is a cross between a plum and an apricot.

My pluot tasted and looked more like a plum than an apricot, but it did have a hint of apricot flavor. A pluot is a very delicious hybrid fruit, especially if you're in the mood for something a little different.


My boss made a blueberry loaf for our staff meeting this morning. Of course, I had a piece-- I just can't pass-up homemade baked goods. On top of the blueberry loaf was a wonderful lemon glaze!


Lunch was leftovers from last night-- a mix of rice, beans, pumpkin, onions, raisins, and sliced onions. Again, the meal was very filling, and I barely finished it. There was no room for dessert today!


In addition to a pluot, I also grabbed a small iced coffee from D&D as an afternoon snack. I needed a pick-me-up!

9 Comments:

Beth said...

YUM on the blueberry loaf! I love homemade goodies too....worth the splurge.

Yesterday I encouraged you to try the PB Cookie Larabar...I was eating as I typed and afterward I decided it is THE BEST flavor they have! It truly tastes like a moist, soft PB cookie. MMMMMMM.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Hooray!! That was the hybrid fruit that I mentioned as my favorite, when you asked the question :0)

That blueberry loaf with the lemon glaze looks to-die-for - yum!!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I just tried my first pluot this morning! I LOVED IT!

Rose said...

Ok, now I definitely need to try a pluot. I have heard about them before but have been too nervous to give it a go. Thanks for the report on them here.

Blueberry loaf... ah, a taste of heaven.

Danielle said...

Hmm, plutot? I wonder if they sell them outside of the U.S.? Thanks for the suggestion :)

PonderingRunningYogi said...

That blueberry loaf is making my mouth water!
I think I need to make dinner...although I'm really wishing I had a bluberry loaf!

Trying To Heal said...

pluots are soooooooo good! i love that fruit (but too expensive to buy very often for me).

and the blueberry load looks sooo good...nice and fresh!

Anonymous said...

I have never even heard of a pluot. Now I am on a mission to find one!

sweetsandsweats.wordpress.com

Alicia said...

I love pluots! There are actually 4 sitting in my fridge right now but I haven't had a chance to eat them as there are so many other fruits in my house at the moment. It's like a mini fruit farm.

Need to start eating my pluots soon. thanks for the reminder. :)