Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fondue for Two More

Good morning! It's a gorgeous day in Boston! I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and for once, not starving for breakfast! Our special dinner last night held me over quite well. 

Last night, Mal and I made cheese fondue for our DC friends to welcome them to the building. Yep, that's right-- they moved into our apartment building, 2 floors almost directly above our apartment. Josh and Danielle are into healthy, good food like us, so Mal and I will be eating lots of meals with them. (Danielle makes an amazing lasagna!) Now that they are all moved in (well, their new furniture arrives today), you will be hearing much more about the two of them! Welcome, Josh and Danielle! We're psyched you guys are here! :)

Our new neighbors preparing for fondue goodness...


Into our cheese fondue, we dipped French bread, broccoli, and kielbasa. Mal and I had wanted to make the cheese fondue from scratch, but we barely had any of the ingredients that the recipe called for and the 4 of us were starving. The store-bought version was so much easier! 


Josh and Danielle brought a "delightful" bottle of Pinot Gris to enjoy with dinner. The Trimbach Reserve was a full-bodied, rich, dry white wine, which perfectly complimented our fondue. Pinot Gris is my favorite wine of all!


Our new neighbors also supplied dessert: seven-layer bars. By the time dinner was over, and I had drank 3 glasses of wine, I could only manage to eat half of one, which is a first for me. I'm never too tired to eat dessert! 


Lots of Saturday things on today's agenda. Hope everyone has a nice day! 

6 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Good morning! :0) What a fun fondue get-together you had!

Samantha said...

What kind of fondue did you use? You should try a yogurt & fruit fondue, I did vanilla & strawberries & it was so yummy. You do heat the mixture up a bit so it gets really creamy.

Christine said...

I love fondue! I'm going to remember to dip broccoli in it next time.

I gave you an award on my blog!

Caitlin said...

oh man that cheese looks delicious! did you get the set for your wedding? :)

Amanda said...

Hi Tina
I know people say this all the time but I figured you cant hear it too much. I have been reading your blog for a while now and your ability to maintain a healthy diet while treating yourself here and there is inspirational. You have shown me that it IS possible to live a healthy life style while still being social and fun. I have begun to stop beating myself up for the occasional treat and instead look forward to living a happy and healthy lifestyle
Congratulations on making the Metro the other day (even though I thought the article should have been longer ;)) You deserved it!
I plan on continuing to read your blog for as long as you keep the posts coming!
Thanks again

Tina said...

Sammie,

The fondue that we used was called Anco Prestige Cheese Fondue. We bought it at Stop & Shop in the deli/cheese section. It was pretty good as far as cheese fondues go! :)

Christina,

I checked out your blog-- thank you for the award! I'm honored! (I left a comment on your blog too!)

Caitlin,

We received the fondue pot as an engagement gift. We've already used it a ton! :)

Amanda,

Thank you so much for your kind words! You totally made my day!!!!!