Friday, August 1, 2008

Panini + Veggies = Lame Leftovers

I ate leftovers for lunch today. Nothing wrong with that... but after eating the same thing last night, it really wasn't exciting at all. The food satisfied my hunger, but there was no "thrill" to lunch today. (Sigh)

Salad with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, black olives, and feta (aka same as last night)...


Also, half of a ham and swiss cheese panini and baby carrots...


Lunch from above... are you feeling the thrill?


I brought a Larabar for lunch as well, but all of the veggies really filled me up. I decided to hold off on my pistachio Larabar until later this afternoon. I'm having trouble imagining how it will taste, but I'm excited to try this new flavor!


Friday Fun

Last night, Mal introduced me to the most hilarious comedian ever. Demetri Martin is hysterical!!! He reminds me of a young Steven Wright with his Seinfield-esque observational comedy. The best part about his comedy is his use of humorous drawings as visual aids, which make his jokes that much funnier! He's definitely worth a look if you like this type of humor.

My favs:

Demetri Martin Flip Chart and Art

The Jokes with Guitar


Almost weekend time!!!!!

10 Comments:

Beth said...

There are very few foods I will eat leftover. You're right - they ARE boring (most of the time)! I just don't like reheated food...

chandra said...

PLEASE let me know how that Larabar is! I can't find that flavor around here, and I LOVE pistachios, so I was tempted to order some off the website, but I'm afraid they'll be gross...

Caitlin said...

hahah well, leftovers are dull, but at least yours looks yummy!

i love the banana cookie larabars... i could eat 20 in a row!

Anonymous said...

love demetri!

Samantha said...

Definitely tell what you think of that Larabar, that is one flavor I have not tried yet. I hope you have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE demitri martin. one of my best friends knows him well and we go to his shows all the time.

Anonymous said...

I hate to say it...I love pistachios and I love Larabars...but I wasn't a huge fan of that flavor. It was bland and didn't really taste like anything to me. Hopefully Tina has a better experience! Happy weekend, all.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand the not so thrilling meal deal. Most of my packed lunches end up being less than thrilling. Non-thrilling food just isn't much fun to eat!

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of Mitch Hedburg? Look him up on Youtube. He's pretty funny too. Sarcastic, witty, (but loves the foul language). You might enjoy him!

Anonymous said...

LOVE demetri.

saw him in person once and was thisclose to pants pee'age

:)