Sunday, August 24, 2008

Giving Into My Cravings

Our afternoon adventure to the South End was a lovely way to spend a sunny Sunday. We walked around for a few hours-- stopping at the SoWa Open Market and the dog park (to look for pugs), and then grabbing a bite to eat at Flour.  

The pastry case at Flour was mouthwatering and beautiful! There were sooooo many amazing desserts to chose from-- it took me a good 5 minutes to decide what I wanted! The coconut macaroons, lemon ginger scones, and hazelnut chocolate chip cookies all looked especially yummy, but I finally decided on...


... an Oatmeal Maple Scone, which was a great choice! I offered to share my scone with Mal. I thought he'd only have a few bites, but he really loved it, and ate about half. 


I also ordered an iced chai spiced latte made with soy milk. It was delish, but surprisingly heavy. Even a couple of hours later, my stomach was still super full, which I guess isn't a bad thing!


At Flour, Mal ordered the smoked turkey, cheddar, and cranberry chutney sandwich. He shared a bite with me-- it was very tasty, especially the cranberry chutney and fresh bread that it was made on. I can't wait to go back to Flour again and try a sandwich myself. 


My iced chai spiced latte had some serious staying power, so I wasn't sure I even wanted to eat dinner tonight. Around 7:30 though, I finally got a little hungry, so I made myself a piece of whole wheat toast with Barney Butter and banana slices, and on the side, I cut up a small peach. I also drank a pomegranate-lemonade




I'm sorry that I am so short-winded tonight-- I hear the couch calling my name. Time to veg-out before the start of the work week! 

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

is that a mix for the lemonade or did you make it? it looks delish!

p.s I LOVE your blog =]

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina! I have a rather random Q- my boyfriend and I want a romantic weekend getaway in MASS to view fall foliage. Any advice/recommendations for where to stay/what area?

Thanks- love your blog!! :-)

HangryPants said...

Tina, that scone looks perfect in every way.

I like when things keep me full, but hate it at the same time. I obviously don't want to be hungry, but it sometimes takes too long for me to get hungry, then I end up skipping a meal.

I know you said you finally got hungry, but do you think you felt hunger because you were "supposed to?" I always wonder what is best to do in that situation.

Heather

Trying To Heal said...

Isn't flour the place that jenna goes to from eatliverun? can't remember...but that display looks DIVINE!!! and your scone looks soooo yummy! i'm jealous!

have a great night!

Rose said...

Scones. Yum!

Iced lattes have a similar effect on me - I am always much fuller (and more hyped up) for a long time. I guess it's the milk?

Anonymous said...

HAHA your dinner looks totally delicious to me ;)

Anonymous said...

hk here :) ps*

Anonymous said...

The dinner looks so good! The banana and toast is a fav combo, and I like the idea of a banana stuffed a bit with things too, like raisins, PB, etc. What kinds is the pomegranate lemonade?

Protea said...

Tina, I made your recipe for those oat bars and they are AMAZING! Thanks for sharing! I added some halved almonds, wheat germ and some extra oats, as my dish was quite large. I'm posting it on my blog and also there's a link to your post.
: )

Anonymous said...

Both the scone and the sandwich look amazing! And that pastry case is definitely my definition of heaven. ;)

Tina said...

Re: Pomegranate-Lemonade,

Here's the recipe: Pomegranate juice with soda water (or other sparkling water) and a little Lemonade Crystal Light. The approximate measurements are: 1/3 pomegranate juice, 2/3 soda water, spoonful of Lemonade Crystal Light. Sooooo good!

Tina said...

Anon,

Hmmmm... romantic weekend in MA. The Concord, MA area is cute and quaint, and not too far from Boston. There are lots of apple orchards and place to pick pumpkins and see foliage. There is even a small vineyard in Bolton, MA. Western Mass is gorgeous too-- the North Adams area is nice, but I don't know much about it.

*Erica* said...

Hi Tina! I LOVE your blog! I have been "quietly" reading it for some time. You have inspired me to begin a blog of my own. I'm not really sure what I'm doing just yet but I'm figuring it out! Slowly but surely! Thanks again for the inspiration!

I bet you girls had a ball in Boston! Looks like fun! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Tina,
I have LOVED reading your blog and wanted to make a suggestion. I too love the iced coffee drinks but always bring my own coffee mug to Starbucks. Think about all of the plastic that you are throwing away each time you get a drink. . .a lot could be saved by just bringing your own mug.