Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Honestly Delicious

Recently, the Honest Foods Granola Planks have been the hot new item on the food blogs, and with all of that buzz, I just had to try them... and I'm so glad that I did!


Honest Foods Granola Planks

This morning's breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal, strawberries, ground flaxseed, and half of a Blueberry Vanilla Crackle Granola Plank crumbled up and cooked right into the oatmeal. Today's oatmeal was much more flavorful and filling than usual, most likely because of the naturally sweet and dense granola plank mixed into it.

The texture and shape of the granola plank was actually a neat way to enjoy breakfast. It was easy to portion-off half of the plank for my breakfast and save the other half for later. The plank neatly broke in half without crumbling all over the place and making a mess. I actually opened the Blueberry Vanilla Crackle package this past weekend to give the planks a try, and the blueberry flavors and aromas stayed locked inside the planks very well. Even a few days later, they were still fresh and delicious.

Another great thing about these Granola Planks is their portability. The planks are flexible, but solid, and will travel well on my ride to the gym and to work. I can't wait to try these out on my commute-- you guys know how I love on-the-go snacks! :)

Honest Foods Granola Planks

Nutritional Info: The granola planks are hearty slabs of whole grains, nuts, seeds, and naturally sweet fruits that can be eaten in large chunks or crumbled into clusters. Each Honest Granola Plank provides 350 mgs of Omega-3 fatty acids, seven grams of protein, 22 grams of whole grains, and five grams of fiber. Every Honest Foods product is minimally processed, all-natural, and free of preservatives and artificial ingredients. Honest Food Granola Planks are available nationally in grocery and natural food stores including Whole Foods and Wild Oats.

The Honest Foods Granola Planks come in three flavors:
  • Maple Almond Crunch
  • Pomegranate Walnut Crisp
  • Blueberry Vanilla Crackle

Iced coffee ready to commute...


Question of the Day

Do you have a "Bucket List" or "Life's To Do List" (a list of things that you want to accomplish in your lifetime)? If so, what is on it?

Me: I do have a Life's To Do List with about 100 items on it (I've complete about half of them), and I consult it every 6 months or so. A few from my list:
  • Visit Napa (and stomp grapes)
  • Sit on the Green Monster at Fenway
  • Own a dog
  • Play 18 holes of golf
  • Learn to make sushi

15 Comments:

Caitlin said...

i have a bucket list, too!

Some items from my list:

Run a marathon
Have a happy and successful marriage.
Have a baby
Visit China
See the Grand Canyon
Live near my mother again

It's good to have goals :D

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad that you liked the granola planks!!


On my life to-do list:

- Visit England and Scotland

- Move to NYC

- Open up a vegan, gluten-free bakery

- Write a novel or cookbook

Beth said...

Tina, when you visit Napa I will meet you there - it's less than an hour from here! :)

My list:

- Go to Hawaii (hopefully for my 10th anniversary next year...)

- Make perfect homemade pie crust and pizza dough

- Go skydiving

- Like Caitlin, see the Grand Canyon

- Learn to do SOMETHING really well with my hands - knit, decorate cakes, SOMETHING since I'm kinda uncoordinated

Anonymous said...

I do.

I would like to:

Visit Australia, Ireland, Paris, New Zealand
Become a published author
Have a healthy relationship with food and exercise
Have a happy marriage

Anonymous said...

Hi! Your blog is terrific, I love it. I wonder if you know how many calories are in the planks? It doesn't say on their web site...
Thanks!

Tina said...

Stephanie-Jo,

There is 500 calories in the Blueberry Vanilla plank (I assume the other flavors are similar), but half a plank is quite a bit of granola.

HangryPants said...

Tina, you made the planks sound so delicious that I am going to look for them next time I am in Whole Foods.

Where did you get your foodbuzz bag?

Heather

Tina said...

Heather,

Foodbuzz sent me the bag in the spring. I think they sent it to all of their FP. Maybe they still have some?

PonderingRunningYogi said...

I don't have a life "to do" list, but I feel like I should...maybe I'll make one soon!

Granola planks are DELISH!

Stephanie-Jo--the nutritional stats are on the website...just click on the bar you want to see the info for. Here's the link: http://honest-foods.com/granola_planks.html

Anonymous said...

What are the stats on the granola planks, in terms of calories, protein, fiber, etc? I hope I can find them here in Chicago...

Anon said...

bucket lists are awesome! i love yours. here are some of mine:

-green monster seats @ Fenway!!
-train for the Boston Marathon
-learn to play the piano
-work on wall street... then state street :)
-get my MBA
-fall in love
-learn to do a cartwheel
-travel to Spain
-speak fluent Spanish
-get a Patent for something
-be an extra in a movie

i could name 10000 more too.

Krista said...

Those Honest Foods granola planks look fabulous! The real bummer is that I haven't been able to find them anywhere in Canada. :( Enjoy a bite for me, okay??!!

One Food Guy said...

Hi Tina, I have dig my list out from the archives of my old laptop. A few from the list are:

- Jump out of a plane (with a parachute of course!)
- Run the Boston Marathon
- Complete an Ironman triathlon
- Go on a volunteer service trip somewhere in the world
- Build a house (Habitat...)
- Eat my way through Italy and France
- Ride a mountain stage of the Tour de France
- Dive/Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef

Rose said...

Thanks for the Granola Planks review here - I, too, was surprised by how well they stayed together. My box was almost a little soft - in a way. I expected it to break all over the place.

Bucket List! Great question. Mine is similar to others but includes:

- Write and publish an original text
- Run a marathon
- Visit all states
- Then try to visit some select European countries (Germany, Spain, France - at the very least)
- Raise a child (or two, maybe)
- Be in a play again

I have many more but these are the only ones I could think of at the moment. I see a saved Bucket List Word document on my computer soon...

Peggy said...

I love this question of the day!

First, I see many people mentioned skydiving - I just went in June and I LOVED it! So that's one thing off my list :)

- visit Australia
- visit Machu Picchu
- run a 10k or a half marathon or maybe even a marathon!
- find a husband :)
- master some awesome yoga moves
- learn to decorate cakes