Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just the Right Amount

Good morning! I woke up with just the right amount of soreness from yesterday's training session. I loved that my trainer challenged me the entire session, but I had such a wonderful time talking with her, I didn't feel like I was working that hard. It was a nice surprise waking up to the "what-a-great-workout" soreness. My trainer knew exactly what she was doing! :)

Breakfast this morning was another wrap panini made on our panini maker. Inside today was Barney Butter, half of a crumbled granola plank, ground flaxseed meal, and a few raisins. Again, I cut it into "handy" triangles.  


I also drank some homemade iced coffee with vanilla hemp milk and a little sugar. 


Busy Saturday Ahead

My sister and I are going to a wedding exhibit ("Wedded Bliss, The Marriage of Art and Ceremony") at the Peabody Essex Museum later this morning. I received the tickets as a wedding gift from my aunt and cousin (Hi, Andrea!), and what better person to take with me than my recently-engaged sister. We both love art (and weddings!), so I think we're going to enjoy it a lot! We're planning lunch in Salem after the museum. (Salem is super cute in the fall!) Unfortunately, I don't know the area at all, but I'm sure we'll find something-- perhaps a cafe or sandwich shop. 

After lunch, I am heading to Healthworks for a quick workout-- showering and getting ready there. I'm going to try to stop by a friend's BBQ near our apartment, then Mal and I are headed to the North End to have pizza and beer with our friends at their apartment. We volunteered to pick up pizza-- any recommendations for North End? Is Pizzeria Regina our best bet?

I'm off! It's go, go, go today! 

18 Comments:

Catherine Weber said...

I haven't been to Salem since 2003, but I remember having REALLY good sandwiches there . . . the name of the place was the "Engine House."

Have a fun day!

Unknown said...

Hi Tina,

For the best pizza in the Boston area, you've gotta try Santarpio's in East Boston. It's a little hole-in-the-wall sort of place, and all they serve is pizza and sausage... but it's the BEST pizza around! On weekends, they usually have a line out the door that wraps around the block. They do take-out, but not delivery. My favorite is the garlic pizza. Have fun tonight!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

So glad that you found a great personal trainer - I love mine, so it's nice to read that others are having success with one as well :0)

Looooove that breakfast wrap/panino!! Yum!!

Have fun today!!

Anonymous said...

I have recently decided that a personal trainer is what I need and in the market for one. I hope I find I like they way you did!

Have fun with your sister today!

Anonymous said...

I've tried Santarpio's, but nothing compares to Pizzeria Regina!!

Anon said...

ooooh i love salem!! FINZ is a realllly good restaurant (i saw it on that tv show that does the restaurant reviews in new england) - i ate there with my parents last fall.

your bfast sounds SO good with the plank and pb mmmmmm

Jordan said...

Where did you find your personal trainer? At your gym? I want one, but all the ones around here are big, beefy men... and that would make me uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

that barney butter panini looks incredible!

Trying To Heal said...

Hey Tina. your breakfast quesadilla looks soo good!

and i made your skinny cookies this morning! I don't have a food processor so I had to smash up my own peach...but i think it worked out ok. just one question: when I cooked mine, the edges came out kinda rubbery...any idea why that might have happened? thanks!

have a great saturday!

Anonymous said...

Salem in the fall is beautiful, I'm sure it'll be great today too- sounds cool..LOVE museums :)

hk @ eatnrun.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a fun day planned... please share if you find any good gift idea for someone who is recently married/or getting married... I am going to be in one of my best friends weddings and would love sometimes different to get her!

Caitlin said...

mmmmmmmmmm iced coffee!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the North End!!! You need to take Mal to Mike's :)

Anonymous said...

awesome that you're first session with a PT was well worth it :)

I'm loving these breakfast paninis!!!

have a great day - your plans definitely sound holiday-weekend-worthy :D

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Glad your trainer is working out so well for you. The good-sore feeling is one of the most satisfying.
I have to say, that breakfast panini looks delicious. I had something similar for lunch yesterday (PB, raisins, flax seed meal, and some banana grilled, and it was amazing all melty and gooey. Waking up to that, even better I'd guess.
Hope you enjoyed dinner! Where did you end up going?

Anonymous said...

checking in on you.

and, *sigh*, after reading about your fab trainer have decided to get off my a** and TRAIN MYSELF :)

have a good rest of your weekend...

Tina said...

Jordan,

I found my trainer through my gym. When I signed up for a new membership, I received 2 free personal training sessions.

Tina said...

just me,

Hmmmm, not sure why the edges ended up rubbery. Mine actually burnt a little!