Friday, August 29, 2008

Wine on the Balcony

My Friday evening started with the most delicious glass of wine, a Cabernet Sauvignon, on our balcony. I (swiftly) sipped my wine while chatting with Mal. Obviously, we live together, but I felt like we had a lot to catch up on tonight! 


After drinking my first glass of wine, I started to get the munchies. I considered just waiting for dinner, but my buzz immediately drove me to some cheese and crackers. (I always crave cheese when I am drinking!) I ate about one serving of Kashi crackers with a slice of swiss cheese. 


My first glass of wine went down so quickly (rough week!), I decided to take my time with my second glass. I am still savoring it about an hour later. For dinner, we kept it simple and made veggie burgers on toasted English muffins with buffalo sauce. 


Lunch

Lunch was greens topped with Broccoli Slaw and grape tomatoes... 


I also had a Kardea Chai Spice bar and some watermelon. 


I have a relaxing night planned-- finishing my wine, reading in bed, and hitting the sack early. I have a big day tomorrow! Hope everyone has a nice Labor Day weekend!!!

5 Comments:

Nicole said...

Your veggie burger looks so good! Full of veggies, yum.

Rose said...

This sounds like the most perfect night to me. I can't wait until the boyfriend gets back from his trip, and I can do the very same thing (Kashi crackers included!)

Don't you love having a balcony? I had one at my last place but had to give it up for more space (good sacrifice, in hindsight, but I miss it!)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely evening.

I have that same henkel knife block and the henkel kitchen scissors!

Kathy Maister said...

Hi Tina,
I am so glad to have discovered you! With the summer over I'm ready to focus on a regular routine of health and fitness. You are a great source of inspiration! Have a great holiday weekend and see you in September!
Cheers
Kathy
startcooking.com

Samantha said...

What a great way to end your crazy week. Enjoy the long weekend!!