Saturday, August 9, 2008

Keeping It Simple

Where did the day go?! Getting a late start this morning really made today fly by. After our boozy (and very late) Friday night, Mal and I thought it would be in our best interest to have a laid-back and relaxing Saturday night at home instead of trying to make plans.

For dinner, we kept things simple by making tuna melts with Claire's Sweet Pickle Relish and American cheese. I decided to nix a slice of bread and eat my sandwich open-faced. On the side, I had a few Kettle BBQ chips


Dinner also included leftovers from yesterday's Summer Salad. I loooove Claire's relish, and I was really in the mood for it tonight, so I topped my salad with a couple of spoonfuls. I ended up using my BBQ chips to scoop up the veggies and relish. All of the different flavors were great in one big bite, which sort of tasted like Chinese food! 


Dinner from above with a glass of lemonade...


I also had 2 (okay, 4) Zucchini Chocolate Chip cookies. They're so yum! (FYI-- I've been storing these cookies in the refrigerator.)


Workout

I spent part of my afternoon at Healthworks today. I could have exercised in my building gym, but I felt like getting out of the apartment-- plus, I was craving a good sweat in the steam-room! I did the elliptical for 60 minutes and walked on the treadmill for another 30. I had a long workout, but it was relatively easy. I finished 2 magazines while on the elliptical and watched Keeping Up with the Kardashians, so I really wasn't pushing myself too hard. I also spent 20 minutes in the steam-room before hitting the showers. 

After the gym, I snacked on an Apple Pie Larabar before stopping in Banana Republic to peruse the sale racks. I didn't bring my camera this afternoon, so I saved my Larabar wrapper to photograph when I got home. What can I say, I'm dedicated! :)


Breakfast

Breakfast today was basically lunch because I didn't eat until noon. In our drunken state last night, we decided to recreate the Rise and Shiner sandwich (from the Kountry Kart Deli in Burlington, Vermont) for breakfast this morning. The Rise and Shiner is a sub-roll filled with a fried egg, hash brown patty, cheese, and bacon. We had Josh, Danielle, and our friend, Andy over for breakfast this morning, so Mal and I were in assembly-line mode while making these babies! Our Rise and Shiners turned out great-- pretty close to the real deal! 


I'm not a fan of white sub-roll bread, so I opted to have my Rise and Shiner on a toasted Thomas' English Muffin. In my opinion, it was just as tasty and a little bit healthier! :) 


The plan for the rest of my Saturday night is to watch the Olympics, read a little US Weekly, and hit the sack before 11:00. G'night! 

8 Comments:

Rose said...

That Rise and Shiner looks ultra filling. I think I might have one before the boyfriend and I go out on our next hike. Great idea!

Enjoy your relaxing Saturday night

Caitlin said...

arent the olympics fun?? enjoy your night!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

The day definitely went by quickly - but it sounds like you spent every moment wisely (and deliciously)!!

Have a wonderful evening!!

Anonymous said...

Tina, your posts are hilarious today! I love how you own last night's drunkedness. :) How funny; I watched the Kardashians during cardio, too. I love those crazy gorgeous women.
Have a great rest of the weekend!

Tony said...

OMG that rise and shiner looks AMAZING! I wonder if there is a place that sells them in Minnesota. Maybe I could find one at the upcoming state fair.

Protea said...

Larabars! I saw last week in a magazine, apparently there are in the coutry! Yay! Now, I just have to go hunting... which shops are selling them?!?!?! Bad magazine, only gives me half the info... : )

Anonymous said...

Those breakfast sandwiches look awesome!!

A l a i n said...

sandwiches this n' is not good for the body. Its body should be respected, because one day it this will avenge, he will be too late…;

I LOVE BLOG