Sunday, August 10, 2008

Beautiful Sunday Morning

Happy Sunday! It's such a nice day in Boston! I really want to go out and do something fun today. Any ideas?

I woke up bright and early this morning. I had wanted to sleep in a little bit, but my body is so used to waking up early now. I guess it's not a bad thing though, right? I felt like such a bum yesterday when I got a late start to my Saturday-- I felt like I wasted the day. I love seizing the day-- waking up early, getting things accomplished, and starting my day on the right foot. Carpe diem! 


My Sunday morning breakfast was a bowl of cottage cheese, topped with cantaloup, strawberries, 1 tsp of honey, and Kashi Go Lean Crunch


I also had a piece of whole wheat toast with wild blueberry fruit spread


When I first woke up, I wasn't super hungry... I also couldn't decide what I wanted to eat for breakfast, so I made myself some iced coffee with Sugar in the Raw and munched on a Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookie, checked my email, and read a few blogs.


I have no idea what's on the agenda for today. I want to do something fun! If you have any ideas, send them my way! :)

17 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Beach! Definitly take advantage of the nice weather while we have it, I live 40 minutes north of Boston right on the ocean, and it doesnt get any better.

Anonymous said...

I had a beautiful run along the charles this morning- definitely recommed that for some mornin' rays and exercise...hmmm, i need something fun for today too!! I was thinking of heading to Harvest Co-Op (fav!!) And otherwise we both need some ideas, ha! Have fun!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Oooh, scrumptious breakfast!!


Yes, definitely get outdoors if you can, and enjoy the nice weather - remember, winter weather WILL come soon, on the east coast :0)

Beth said...

Picnic in the park with your hub!

Fitnessista said...

happy sunday!!! your breakfast looks delicious!
i would totally go shopping :D

Anonymous said...

I always do that in the morning...I make some tea and grab a peach or pear and then go catch up on blogs. Then I go have breakfast, I like to take it slow in the morning.

Anonymous said...

How about a nice hike? The dear husband and I just got back from ours, it was super nice.


Your breakfast looks tasty, by the way!

HangryPants said...

Beach picnic combo? Definitely something outside, it's beautiful today.
- Heather

sloank said...

Definitely the beach! Or just a nice long walk along the water... I always like walking to the harbor and looking at all the boats :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina,
I just wanted to know how you maintain your weight when youve been eating so many zucchini chocolate chip cookies?!
Dont get me wrong, youre beautiful and I totally admire your relationship with food and exercise, and you seem truly happy with your life, I just want to know how you counterbalance the cookies?

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tina said...

Anon,

I think working out most days of the week and eating healthy meals (for the most part) balances out my dessert addiction. :)

Caitlin said...

oooo wild blueberry spread! that sounds amazing :) i hope you had a fun day doing whatever you picked out :)

Anonymous said...

I think you have a great balance with food and life and i commend you for that b/c not many people can find that peace

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoyed your day whatever you decided to do... I love your breakfast idea... it reminds me that it's been a long time since I have had Kashi Go Lean CRUNCH... :)

Anonymous said...

Tina-
I agree with sportsnutritionliving. You are a great example to the "healthy" food blogging world. I say "healthy" because so many of them clearly have disordered eating patterns. You and Kath seem to do an excellent job of incorporating a variety of foods in moderation (INCLUDING TREATS)!

Thanks for being a positive online role model :)
-Lilly

Kristina said...

Tina! I'm late telling you this but do you know its resturaunt week in Boston?!? Started today!! I know its prob too late for tonight but maybe you can take advantage this week :)