Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last is Best

The best part about today's lunch: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.


The "main course" of my lunch was the other half of my Anna's veggie quesadilla. Of course, it tasted wonderful, but it wasn't nearly as delicious as the first half.


The veggies tasted great, but the wrap did not hold up well overnight-- the crispiness was lost, and it was sort of soggy and blah today.


Snack

I finally found Chobani Greek Yogurt!!! It's been all over blogland lately, but I haven't had a chance to try it until now. I was so excited when I saw it at Stop & Shop this past weekend! Stop & Shop has really stepped-it-up in the healthy foods department, and now they carry Chobani (as well as hemp milk). The Chobani is much richer and creamier than other Greek yogurts that I've tried. I'm a huge fan of the vanilla, which I topped it with high-fiber cereal this afternoon.


Sorry for another semi-brief post. It's been a hectic week! I'm headed to a surprise birthday party tonight, so I'm not sure what's up for dinner. I have a feeling we'll probably eat out. (I'm starting to feel broke from all of this eating out!) Happy Thursday! It's almost the long weekend!

16 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Mmm, those Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies of yours look scrumptious!!!

Have fun at the party tonight!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your lunch looks gorgeous- sorry the leftovers were eh- but man!!! I might have to attempt something like that tonight after seeing how delicious that looks.

Also, I wish I could try Chobani, but it is even more expensive than FAGE in DC!

Uh, why can't both of them just go on sale sometimes?

And, as always, your baked treats look divine. I love "seeing" you enjoy your treats- it reminds me that life isn't all about celery and flax seed! Thanks for being such a great inspiration!

HangryPants said...

So glad you got to try the Chobani. Vanilla is my favorite, but I've been trying to get just plain to cut back on some of the sugar. It's good, too, but nothing beats the vanilla.

Heather

meximama said...

i just bought adora and they are so good! who knew calcium supplements could be so tasty! thanks for the suggestion.

Erica said...

I love the yogurt too! I just tried it this week and was very happy with the flavor. I can't believe how much protein is in it! I am going to buy it more regularly now :) I love stop and shop- its always so clean! I miss living near one!

Anonymous said...

I still haven't found it. I got email from Chobani . They said it will come to whole foods . So far no luck. Did you change the font size of your text?

Anon said...

you're a cookie monster like me - LOVE IT! i went to anna's taqueria tonight for dinner... it's definitely one of my go-to spots during the school year, along with Boloco (i love their smoothies and buritos). enjoy the party tonight!

Anonymous said...

I love those cookies. Totally craving some dessert now! Have a great night!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

Eating out is sooo expensive... but sometimes it's super nice not to cook!

Anonymous said...

hehe i like how Little Black Dress put it, that life isn't all about celery and flaxseed ;)

yummy looking lunch + snacks!

I'm a frequent reader btw, I need to comment more! heh heh. have a fabbbulous time tonight!

Protea said...

I burnt my cookies! : (

They stayed there for 15 min, then I took them out and they were a little too soft inside, so I put them back in and forgot to set the timer... about another 20 minutes later... oops! they didn't burn black, but turned out too dry and hard... Totally edible, but I know they can taste better if I try again. I'll bake some more next week. : )

Jessica said...

I'm going to need to make those cookies now! I also need to check out if my grocery store has the Chobani yogurt...I haven't seen it lately, but I've read all about it.

Anonymous said...

YOu will soon be in love with those yogurts, they are great for breakfast and dessert too with some carob chips and cereal!

www.sportsnutritionliving.wordpress.com

Jon Defreest said...

I'm more of a meat and potatoes kind of guy but I have to admit...

That veggie wrap looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering what the texture is like of your cookies?

Are they crunchy?

They look absolutely amazing- will have to try!

Tina said...

Anon,

The cookies are a little crunchy, but I tend to under-cook my cookies, so they're actually more chewy.