Friday, August 29, 2008

What a Week!

TGIF, seriously! What an insane week! So glad that it is just about over! I still have quite a few tasks on my to do list, but I don't think it will be a stressful Friday.

Quick recap of last night...

The surprise party last night was at DJ's at The Garden, a sports bar near the Boston Garden (aka TD Banknorth Garden). I had never been to DJ's, and honestly, I was expecting some seedy dive bar. (If you know the area at all, you'd understand why!) But, DJ's was a surprisingly upscale restaurant/bar. The decor was especially wonderful! It was actually pretty classy with it's dark wood, low lighting, sports photos, and memorabilia, including a large mural of the old Garden. There were also plasmas TVs strategically placed all over the bar, which is essential for a bar/restaurant near the Garden. DJ's had a wide variety of quality beers, which, from the current selection available, probably change on a seasonal basis. I don't visit the North Station area often, but I will definitely keep DJ's in mind as a perfect spot to hang out before an event at the Garden.


I started with a UFO... sadly, no lemon slice.


Party food...


Quesadilla made with cilantro cashew pesto (delish!), jack cheese, and sweet peppers... I ate 2 of these quesadilla triangles.


Party people waiting for the birthday boy to arrive...


Beer cart! This is one of the birthday boy's gifts from his girlfriend. Of course, he shared it with his guests. I drank Bud Light from the cart. (If you're wondering, the birthday boy was VERY surprised! He walked into the bar and did a double-take at all of his friends standing around waiting for him to arrive. He loved it!)


Here's the birthday boy blowing out his 30 candles...

I thought about having a piece of birthday cake, but I wasn't really in the mood for it. (I know, very, very strange.) My "dinner" only consisted of 2 pieces of quesadilla and 2 beers, so I wanted something else to eat, but it wasn't cake. When I got home, I made myself a piece of whole wheat toast with Barney Butter and raisins.


Workout

My workout with the trainer this morning was amazing! She definitely challenged me-- much more than our first session. And I LOVE the workout she put together for me! (I'll post it later this morning.)

Breakfast was Kashi instant oatmeal, high fiber cereal, and a big scoop of peanut butter. Boring, but filling!


As always, Starbucks iced coffee with soy milk...


Question of the Day

What's up for the long weekend? Do you have any fitness excursions/adventures planned?

15 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Haha yes, you DEFINITELY deserve to shout "TGIF!!" - you've had a long week!! Glad that the party last night was fun though; and that your session with the trainer went well!! Hooray!!

This weekend, I'll be busy with lots of dance practices (as always), and just enjoying my last days of summer (since classes start on Tuesday!!).

One Food Guy said...

TGIF! I've got a couple long bike rides planned, maybe a long run, and the beach!! It's supposed to be a great weekend here in Boston!

Allison said...

Hooray for the weekend!
I'm heading out early tomorrow morning for a weekend in Tucson with my Girlfriends..I'm so excited and can't wait for the workday to be over!!!

Ms. S said...

I'm more of a recent reader and just wanted to say this blog is great. It's given me the motivation to go find some good almond butter. =)

weekend fitness excursion - packing and moving all my things to a new apt.

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

happy birthday to the birthday boy!

what to contain yourself on the beers on a work night. that would've been hard for me :D

Anonymous said...

How the heck did you go to a bar with all that YUMMY food and just have 2 quesadilla triangles and 2 beers??? :) PLEASE tell me your secret!!! LOL

Erica said...

I would have been wayy tipsy (sad I know) after two beers and two quesadilla triangles! Sounds like fun though :) I am teaching Body Step tomorrow morning and we have a 2 hour labor day class at the gym on Monday. I am teaching the legs segment and I am very excited!

Nicole said...

It sounds like a fun party!

I don't have any definite plans for the weekend yet, but hopefully I'll get to go on a hike and a nice long run! Basically, I just want to enjoy the weekend before school starts.

Have a great one!

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

oooh PB almost bought me that starmucks to go mug today, but I wasn't sure if it was dishwasher safe.. have you thrown it in the dishwasher yet?

Anonymous said...

Definitely a hiking kind of weekend! Mt. Olympus is in my sites...

Anon said...

that beer cart is sweet! i love the celtics logo :) glad you had fun at the party... i LOVE surprise parties (when they're not mine haha).

this weekend i'm enjoying my last 3 days of summer and helping my roomies move into our suite!

Anonymous said...

I love that you go out often and enjoy yourself with friends and beers! I wish I had your restraint when it comes to alcohol, but being 22 is my excuse to have a few too many and a bit too much fun haha.

I'm enjoying my labor day in the hamptons and montauk, ny with the beach and beers and visitors. I work out here during summers, this is my last weekend and I DON'T want summer to end! :(

Catherine Weber said...

It felt like a long week to me, too! End of summer craziness, as always.

To answer the question of the day, we may go canoeing on Sunday. Fingers crossed!

*Erica* said...

Fitness excursions, no...but I can never go too long without breaking a sweat so I'm sure I will go for a run, or walk while enjoying 3 days off! Enjoy yours!

Anonymous said...

Friday - finally! I agree - it's been one of those weeks. I hope you and Mal enjoy the long weekend. We're heading up to the North Shore for a couple of beach days. My fitness plan: long morning runs. I can't wait!