Monday, August 4, 2008

Peachy Keen

Happy Monday, folks! I'm loving my new morning schedule! By the time I get to work, I am wide awake and ready to get down to business! I suppose my new Starbucks routine doesn't hurt either! :) (P.S. I registered my Starbucks card this morning. Thanks to those of you who told me about it! So cool!)

Here's my grande iced coffee with soy milk (no Splenda) on the bus to work. (Erika, I took this photo right outside NEU!)


This peach was GREAT! Probably the best peach I've eaten all summer! It was so juicy, so sweet, and so full of flavor. I ate it right down to the pit. Delicious!


I made my oatmeal in the office once again-- today with a big spoonful of peanut butter. Update: I forgot to mention that I also ate 3 mini PB-Pumpkin muffins before my workout. They kept me satisfied until breakfast.


Question of the Day

If you had a $100 to spend on something to benefit your health, what would it be? What about $10?

Me: Soooo many possibilities! If I had $100, it would be a toss up between an hour-long massage and new workout clothes. I hold a lot of tension in my shoulders and upper back, mainly from sitting at a desk all day. However, I've got some really grubby (and even smelly) gym clothes that desperately need to be weeded out of my weekly rotation. As for $10, I'd probably spend it at Whole Foods on something kind of expensive that I wouldn't typically buy-- like some fancy cheese, seafood or bag of coffee.

13 Comments:

HangryPants said...

If I had $100 I would invest in one-on-one yoga sessions. I would love the individual attention to work on the little things that need adjusting with my alignment. If I had $10 hmmm. Maybe some new songs for my ipod.

Good question, again. :)

Heather

Anonymous said...

With $100, I would sign up for some sessions with a personal trainer to re-charge my workouts. With $10, something food-related that I wouldn't normally buy.
Good question!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Happy Monday!! So glad that your new schedule is working out great - keep it up! :0)

PonderingRunningYogi said...

I'm definitely in need of some new running shoes right now, so that's where most (if not all) of the $100 would go...if there were any leftover I'd invest in some more workout gear (socks, bras, shirts, shorts). With the $10 I'm with you on getting some sort of food that I don't normally get. I never buy bars because they're usually semi-expensive and I don't really have a need for them, so maybe I'd go for some of those because there's sooooo many kinds that I've never tried!
Glad the new morning routine is working out well for ya!

Anonymous said...

i would invest in workout gear. i have one sports bra that is shredding and so old....but its my favorite. -As for the $10 - I would treat myself a new fruit and veggie i havent tried.

Erica said...

hmmm...I still don't have a heart rate monitor watch (which is a little more than $100), but I'd put it towards that!

Olga said...

I would get a pair of new, fancy running shoes. They make such a big difference in my workouts!

For $10, I would probably try some new cereal varities at a local health food store. Can never get enough cereal!

P.S. That peach looks delicious!

Meg said...

If I had $100, I would have extensive allergy testing done to see if I have any allergies or intolerances. If I had $10, I would try a greens supplement.

Rose said...

Glad the new routine is going well :)

With $100 for health, I'd buy some new workout clothes (I am in dire need!) along with some really top-of-the-line tupperware containers. I keep buying the Glad containers, only to throw them away after a few uses because they warp and change.

$10 is a little trickier. I think I'd opt for a really good trail mix or some special kind of nut mix.

TheRavenousMommy said...

For $100...I would definitely get a massage! I haven't had one of those in a while.

For $10..I would buy my fav fruit...ranier cherries. They are SO expensive now.

Allyson said...

$100 would probably go to some new sneakers. I'm in desperate need and am kinda obsessed with getting some black and pink ones-no idea why!

$10 would go to iced green teas (no sugar) from Starbucks-I'm completely hooked!

Samantha said...

$100 would go toward new workout gear -free weights, Bosu, Kettle bells.
$10 I would buy some books for my son - a time to relax for both of us.

Peggy said...

I love your questions of the day!

$100 - I'd put it toward a heart rate monitor

$10 - something at Whole Foods that I wouldn't usually buy. Not sure what??