Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer Salad

Last night, I had no clue what to make for lunch for today. We had all sorts of fresh produce in our fridge (don't ya just love summer?), including some extra juicy cantaloupe. What I came up with was a vibrant green and orange summer salad.


Approximate measurements:

1/2 of a medium cantaloupe
1/2 of a medium zucchini
1 small green pepper
1 jalapeƱo
2-3 scallions
handful of snap peas
1 tsp cabernet vinegar
1 tsp honey

Chop vegetables and cantaloupe into salad-size pieces and toss with honey and vinegar.


Lunch also included two Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies, which were frickin' delicious!


Lunch was a little on the light side today, but I am saving room for tonight. We are celebrating Josh's birthday with dinner at Piattini! Piattini serves Italian tapas (small plates) and has an extensive wine selection. Tapas are so fun! I love being able to sample a variety of different tastes at one meal.

Happy Friday, folks! We've almost made it through another work week! :)

Update: My lunch was a little too light on the calories today. I decided there's no way I could make it until dinner without eating something, so I just broke into a Kashi TLC Granola Bar-- I'm feeling much better now!

11 Comments:

Anon said...

mmm those cookies look delicious! i can't believe they have zucchini in them. more of an excuse for me to make them :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday, to you!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea for a salad, I would never think to mix cantaloupe with the rest of that combo!

What is really catching my eye though is those cookies. Holy moly. I almost want to rush out and buy some zucchini right now (I have none! *tear*) just so I can make them.

Caitlin said...

i have been thinking about those cookies ever since i saw the post last night. i want some SO BADLY!

what an interesting salad combo! i bet it was good. :)

have a wonderful night, tina!

Samantha said...

Your salad sounds so yummy, I wish I had a cantaloupe, I am trying to figure out what's for dinner & I could so go for that. Enjoy the celebration this evening, can't wait to hear about the restaurant.

miho said...

those cookies look sensational!

Anonymous said...

The cantaloupe in Utah is phenomenal right now...but I'm more interested in the cookies!

www.twinksy.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

p.s. the Pollo Piattini is calling my name! We have a great tapas restaurant in SLC called Martine. My boyfriend and I had a grapeleaf wrapped halibut there that I would eat every meal for the rest of my life if I could!

alaina said...

yummy looking salad. i've done something very similar before, but used mango instead of cantaloupe. mangoes are kind of expensive though, so i'm glad to know this is good too!

Anonymous said...

Great salad! I haven't really played with mixing fruit and veg in a salad, just one or the other, but this really looks so tasty....
And the zucchini cookies - what recipe did you use? I'll have to search your blog again for the info... I'm drowning in zucchini ;-)

Protea said...

Your friend Josh's bday is on the same day as my fiancee! And my friend Marco from London! A toast to the 08/08/08 boys! : )

ps... oh, I want summer back... now... although his winter was quite mild, I still prefer life without scarves and beanies...