Friday, August 15, 2008

Too Good to be True

Is anyone else really struggling to get through the day? Friday afternoons are the worst! I want it to be the weekend... like now!

I am the Leftover Queen, so again, lunch was leftovers. My Baked Eggplant was pretty decent after a quick reheat in the microwave.


My lunch also included three Pumpkin Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins. I savored each and every one of these. Yum!


As a Friday afternoon treat, my friend, Blain and I decided that we should go to JP Licks to celebrate the end of a looooonnnggg week. Mid-way through eating my cone, I realized that my vanilla frozen yogurt with chocolate sprinkles melted a lot faster than usual and tasted a little different. Then it occurred to me that I had ordered regular vanilla ice cream instead of frozen yogurt. In my head, I was ordering frozen yogurt, but I never actually specified when I said "vanilla with chocolate sprinkles." (Apparently, I'm having one of those spacey days!) JP Licks is just too good to waste (Kath, you're going to LOVE it!), so I just finished my cone-- sugar, fat, and all. It was frickin' delicious, so I am over it now! :)

Here's a goofy shot of me mid-cone...

I'm off to a housewarming-birthday party this evening. Be back later tonight with a recap. Happy weekend, Blog Land!

18 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, Tina--and want to hear something funny? We're wearing the same shirt today, same color and all. Gotta love Target. :)

Tina said...

Anne,

We have great taste! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

WOW do those muffins look amazing - mmm, mmm!!

Have fun at the party!!

Anon said...

your mini muffins always look SO freakin good!! have fun today. fridays do always drag ughh. i LOOOOVE that icecream though :)

Danielle said...

Haha, I had total deja-vu when looking at your J.P. Licks picture... I have a picture of me that's almost exactly the same, 2 months ago in that same spot, except I had a chocolate cone :)

Have a great time tonight!

Caitlin said...

yay for real ice cream!

Anonymous said...

Tina, I have a technical question about the muffin recipe. Do you use 3/4 cup EACH of the chips or 3/4 cup combined? These look so good and since I can't eat dairy, they are perfect.

Anonymous said...

Haha that picture is too cute.

Do you think ultimately you enjoy the frozen yogurt or the ice cream better in terms of the actual taste?

I've made those muffins of yours before and they are genius. I must make them again soon!

Fitnessista said...

those muffins look fabulous!!

sometimes, you've just gotta have the real stuff :)

have fun tonight!

Anonymous said...

First time comment... I own that shirt too, except in a dark purple (plum?)! Target is the bomb :)

Anonymous said...

Is JP only in Boston? That looks fantastic!

Nicole said...

The muffins look and sound PERFECT! Yummmmm!

Lauren said...

I miss J.P. Licks!! There was one within walking distance of our apartment when we lived in Davis Square...the oatmeal cookie and peanut butter fro yo were tough to keep away from :) Alas, there are no J.P. Licks in Houston...

Anonymous said...

oh man, those muffins looks SO good!

have fun tonight!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great...i guess you subconciously needed ice cream and not yogurt! haha

Tina said...

c,

I use 3/4 cup combined.

lighterportions,

For a plain flavor like vanilla, I prefer frozen yogurt. I love the combo of vanilla frozen yogurt with chocolate sprinkles. It's a favorite. I prefer ice cream with "stuff" in it, like Oreo and Almond Joy flavors.

Anon,

Yep, JP Licks is only in the Boston area.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

I almost think the mis-order was your body screaming for some real ice cream. It taste so different than light/yogurt ice cream. And it is definitely a treat! Glad you kept eating and enjoyed!!

sweets&sweats.wordpress.com