Saturday, August 16, 2008

Gorilla Love

We didn't arrived home from the housewarming/birthday party until almost 1:00 am, so I headed straight to bed. The party was such a great time-- good people, good food, and the new house was wonderful! It was the perfect size with a deck and a yard, and it was decorated so well! On the grand tour, Mal and I decided that we wanted a similar-style house someday. We've gotta start saving our pennies!

The food spread at the party... I tried at least one of everything! :)


Bruschetta with tomato, basil, and mozzarella...


Party dips: Taco/seven layer and a cheesy artichoke dip...


Bean dip covered in thick cheese.... so good! I ate quite a few bites of this stuff!


Here's an up-close shot of a mini salami (or pepperoni?) sandwich with roasted red peppers and cheese. I'm not sure what type of bread it was, but it was thick and buttery. Delish!


I also split a piece of cheese pizza with my sister and drank a few glasses of Oyster Bay Chardonnay. I borrowed a "Mal and Tina" wine glass (from my wedding shower) to drink my wine last night! :)


The party also included a delicious birthday ice cream cake. I was feeling full by the time we sang happy birthday, so I just had a small piece-- I mostly just ate the frosting off of it, which was sooooo creamy.


The best part of the evening was a surprise visitor for the birthday girl. Our far-away friend in California sent Beth a singing birthday-gram via gorilla! Beth was so surprised! She loved it!


Happy Birthday, Bethy!!!!!


I just finished making breakfast... well, brunch... then I'm off to organize my closet! A fun-filled Saturday ahead, huh?

12 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, what a delicious spread of food at that party!! Haha, love the Gorilla telegram :0D

Good luck organizing your closet - I REALLY need to do that too!! Maybe someday... ;0)

Anonymous said...

that gorilla is HYSTERICAL!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is some yummy looking food!


That gorilla is so funny :)

Anonymous said...

That gorilla is a trip! I was wondering what the title of your post mean - lol. ;)
Have fun organizing!

Caitlin said...

hahah that gorilla telegram is great! the spread at the party looks amazing.

owning a single family home is my life long dream. i can't wait til we can buy one!

Erica said...

Looks like a blast! I love dips- the best part of parties :)

Simple and Divine said...

Aww so much fun! So glad you guys got to enjoy yourselves, so! And at FIRST I thought that you were saying that your far-away friend from California was INSIDE of the Gorilla suit as a surprise! How freaking awesome would THAT be as a surprise :)

Megan said...

Looks like a great party! Love the Gorilla telegram. I had no idea that people did that anymore!

Wendy said...

Great blog! Great Food! Great Big Gorilla! lol

Trying To Heal said...

love the gorilla...hahaha...that is hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

The gorilla totally MAKES the party. That's awesome!!

The food all looks so good too. Me + all of those crazy dips would definitely = disaster

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful looking party. I love the gorilla!!

sweets&sweats.wordpress.com