Saturday, August 2, 2008

Wine and Dine (at Home)

It's Saturday night. I'm in my PJs, my make-up is off, my teeth are brushed, and I plan to be in bed by 10:30. When did I get so old! :) 

Like I had hoped, dinner was fast and easy. While discussing what to make for dinner, Mal and I enjoyed a glass of Red Bicyclette chardonnay, which has a crisp, vibrant, lightly fruity, but dry taste to it. For less than $10 a bottle, it's one of our "go to" wines. I drank about 3 ounces of wine while we watched the movie, Once. (P.S. Once has an a-mazing soundtrack! I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!)


Mal and I had different ideas about dinner-- he made Annie's Mac & Cheese; I made an open-face banana sandwich with a sweet spread that I haphazardly whipped-up in the kitchen. I loooooovveeee this new creation! It's especially wonderful on a warm piece of whole wheat toast. Yum! Recipe below...

PB Pumpkin Spread

1 tbsp canned pumpkin
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp ground flax seed


My Saturday night, coffee table dinner... 


My bed is calling my name! Off to do a little reading and drift off to slumberland. Night, all!

8 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sounds like a fun evening to me!!

Mmm, that Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spread sounds heavenly - I'd just substitute the honey with agave nectar :0)

Fitnessista said...

i need to try that peanut butter pumpkin spread!! sounds delicious!
hope you have a wonderful and relaxing evening :)

Quinn said...

LOVE Once. The soundtrack is so fantastic, and overall really really moving and inspiring. Sounds like a great night in!

Beth said...

how funny that you had a PB sammie and wine for dinner :D

Protea said...

Hey Tina
Once is in my top 10 recent movies for sure. Did you know the movie won the last oscar for best soundtrack? And if you have the dvd please watch the special features, it's amazing how 'accidental' the film was. Lovely Irishman Glen Hansard was also in the 90's movie The Commitments, remember that?. He's also lead singer of the band The Frames. Check it out! : )
Have a super Sunday!

Jessica said...

I love your healthy sweet treat creations - the pumpkin pb is killer I'm sure. I can't wait to try it. Several weeks ago I made your date coconut chews and LOVED them -

yesterday I made Fig Ginger Dark Chocolate Truffles and I couldn't hope but to think of you. They were great and I think you'd enjoy them (1/4 cup coconut wouldn't be a bad idea in these either:)
http://johnstonesvinblanc.blogspot.com/2008/08/fig-and-ginger-truffles.html

Tami said...

i just found your blog, keep up the great work, i need to take a look at some of your health snacks.

A l a i n said...

Very nice article, personally the best some wines, it is the French, there is so much copy across the world... The grapevine must have a minimum of 100 years. And the cheese also with good Bordeaux...