Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School


Mr. Mal is back to school today! I couldn't tell if he was excited or dreading the first day back. I can't believe the summer flew by so quickly. I feel like it was just June!

Workout

I worked out at home today... well, in our building gym. I'm glad that I can still get a good workout there, especially when I am crunched for time and can't easily go downtown to HW.

This morning, I did a modified version of my trainer's strength workout (2 sets, no leg exercises) and 30 minutes on the elliptical. My legs were a little sore from yesterday's run, so I decided to give them a rest. I was actually surprised at the soreness-- I guess I need to get back into running again. I've been slacking! Maybe I should sign up for a fall race?

Breakfast

I had trouble deciding what to eat for breakfast this morning. (My cravings have been weird lately!) I was in the mood for sweet (surprise!) and chewy, so I automatically thought 'raisins.' (FYI-- This is basically how I build my meals. I think of 1-2 foods that I want to eat, and then create a meal by adding other ingredients from different food groups.)

Breakfast = raisins + honey + Barney Butter + banana slices + whole wheat toast

I cut my sandwich into 4 smaller pieces-- much more fun and easier to eat. I also drank some iced coffee with vanilla hemp milk while eating breakfast and hanging out with Mal before work. (I'm not going to lie, I like that we are back into a routine again!)

Question of the Day

What health/fitness websites do you visit most often and/or find most useful?

My few of my favs:

Food Network

Start Cooking

Women's Health Magazine

Map My Run

Yay, short week ahead!!!!!

14 Comments:

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina said...

mapmyrun.com is by far my favorite site. i use it almost every day!!!!

and cookinglight.com too, to get inspired for meals!

Anonymous said...

What does Mal teach?

Tina said...

Anon,

Mal is a high school History, Psychology, and Human Geography teacher.

Anonymous said...

TINA>> JP Licks. YOGURT X. Have you tried it? What's the deal? I just heard of it yesterday, and it must be really new because I've never seen/heard of it before!

Of course.. I guess I could wait till THURSDAY and find out for myself! =]

The sites I go to most often are probably Woman's Health and FitSugar.. although I think FS has tried to pull off some pretty "questionable" stuff..

TheRavenousMommy said...

Too funny...that's what I had for breakfast (minus the raisins).

The website I go to the most is thedailyplate.com. I track all my foods there and they have great groups.

HangryPants said...

I like fitsugar.com because it has lots of different types of info in one place - workouts, prodvt reviews and links to other more extensive articles.

Heather

Tina said...

runroamrecycle,

I haven't tried the Yogurt X yet. I might have to get on that this week!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tina for the link!

startcooking.com is all about learning the basics in cooking.

I have about 60 2-3 minutes stop-motion videos and about 200 photo-tutorial blog posts all designed for the beginner. I am always surprised at how many people do not know how to wash their own lettuce! :)

Cheers!
Kathy Maister

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

I just started classes today too!! :0)

Love your breakfast!!

**My favorite health/fitness websites:

- Women's Health

- Runner's World

- Prevention

- WebMD

- iVillage

- Food Network

- The Daily Plate

*Erica* said...

I think a fall race would be great motivating thing to get back into a running routine! Gives you something to work towards.
Great idea about starting your meals w/ 1-2 things you like to eat and building around them...I'm so going to swipe that idea from you!
I visit Runner's World, SELF, SHAPE, and Food Network regularly. And of course all my blogs! You know they are must read!

Anonymous said...

aw i bet the hubby is awesome to have as a teach... i love medline, and healthline for good websites!

Anonymous said...

marthastewart.com has lots of great recipe ideas, and really healthy recipes in their whole living section which is a part of body and soul magazine. Have a great day!

One Food Guy said...

I use mapmyrun.com all the time. The new version is great with all the added features. I use it to map out bike rides too and the new "follow roads" feature is great for accurate mapping.

Rob said...

thanks for your thoughts on the Kardea bars....the good and the constructive. As smaller start-up, any and all input on how we can improve our recipes are helpful. We are working with sometimes competing objectives--- maintaining natural ingredients, balanced nutrition, calorie-mindfullness and great taste---so you input is really appreciated.