Monday, September 1, 2008

Breakfast Paninis

Something strange happened this morning... I didn't wake up starving! I'd say 90% of my mornings immediately begin with the thought of food, and breakfast happens shortly after. Today, however, my mind and body were not at all interested in eating. I made myself an iced coffee with hemp milk around 8:30, but it was 10:00 before I started to get a little hungry. So weird. 

Last night's spicy dinner carried over into a breakfast craving. I was also in the mood for eggs, so Breakfast Paninis is was! I scrambled 3 eggs (2 for Mal, 1 for me), and then added them to a whole wheat wrap along with shredded cheddar cheese, salsa, black beans, and jalapenos. 

Before the panini maker:


After: 


Just before eating:


My breakfast panini was sooooooo filling! I ate the whole thing, but I don't think I should have. I'm almost too full now. Ugh, hate that. Well, at least, I won't need lunch anytime soon! 

Monday's Agenda:
  • Grocery shopping
  • Clean apartment
  • Long run
  • Thank you notes
  • Find wing recipe (if you have a good one, please send it my way!)
  • Dinner with Blain and Jaime

6 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a gorgeously grilled panino!! Sorry that it left you feeling too full though :0(

Enjoy your Labor Day activities!!

Beth said...

Wing as in chicken wing? I like this one - no frying involved but still delish.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/asian-glazed-wings-recipe/index.html

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Snooping around your blog as I have never been here before, very cute!

Anonymous said...

Love the breakfast panini idea! Your to-do list looks the same as mine today!
:)

Anonymous said...

i'm loving the pretty green background!

yeah I've had mornings like that; it's almost nice to not be so hungry and just relax with some coffee/take a shower first and then enjoy food when you really want it.

you really have gotten great use out of that panini maker :D

have a great labor day Tina!

Anonymous said...

ughhh ur fun food fact scares me as a college student living in a dorm! haha