Sunday, August 31, 2008

Spicy Mac and Cheese

Tonight's dinner is destined to become a classic in our house! :) I wasn't in the mood to cook anything too difficult, so I threw a pot of water on the stove and waited for it to boil. My plan was to make a box of Annie's Mac and Cheese (Shells & Real Aged Cheddar flavor), but I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat with it. (I like my pasta dishes to have a little excitement in them!) We're completely out of fresh veggies, so I searched our fridge and cupboards for ideas. 


In the fridge, I found a jar of roasted red peppers, and in the cupboards, I found a jar of jalapenos. (Score!) I chopped up a good-sized roasted red pepper and a few jalapenos, and tossed them together with the mac and cheese. The end result was a spicy and cheesy pasta dish. I looooovvveeee this combo! I have a feeling it is going to become a "go-to" meal for me. 


So, Mal and I both have a "thing" for malt balls. (Well, to be honest, I have a "thing" for any and all sweets!) We treated ourselves to a bag of Ultimate Malt Balls, which are layered with dark and milk chocolate, and coated with marble milk and white chocolate.


After dinner, I enjoyed 3 malt balls. They were so delicious, I wanted more, but I decided to hold off.


However, while watching a movie together, Mal decided to break into the malt ball bag again. I caved into the temptation, and ate another 3 malt balls. (They were calling my name!) I ate these three a lot slower, and savored them while watching the movie. 


I'm off to relax and read in bed. I'm psyched that I can sleep in tomorrow! No work for me! HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!!! :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo yum! Good call on the mac'n'cheese, I bought a box of Annie's the other day and have been trying to decide how to spice it up as well! Enjoy your holiday! :)

Erica said...

I love altering the Mac and Cheese to make it more fun and exciting! The malt balls look awesome! Enjoy them-it's so nice to have a treat every now and again :) Hope you have a great labor day!

Lauren said...

Mmmm... gotta love Annie's mac n' cheese, especially their new "Deluxe" variety with the pre-mixed creamy cheese sauce - no more lumps from mixing the powdered cheese with milk!