Sunday, August 31, 2008

Spicy Mac and Cheese

Tonight's dinner is destined to become a classic in our house! :) I wasn't in the mood to cook anything too difficult, so I threw a pot of water on the stove and waited for it to boil. My plan was to make a box of Annie's Mac and Cheese (Shells & Real Aged Cheddar flavor), but I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat with it. (I like my pasta dishes to have a little excitement in them!) We're completely out of fresh veggies, so I searched our fridge and cupboards for ideas. 


In the fridge, I found a jar of roasted red peppers, and in the cupboards, I found a jar of jalapenos. (Score!) I chopped up a good-sized roasted red pepper and a few jalapenos, and tossed them together with the mac and cheese. The end result was a spicy and cheesy pasta dish. I looooovvveeee this combo! I have a feeling it is going to become a "go-to" meal for me. 


So, Mal and I both have a "thing" for malt balls. (Well, to be honest, I have a "thing" for any and all sweets!) We treated ourselves to a bag of Ultimate Malt Balls, which are layered with dark and milk chocolate, and coated with marble milk and white chocolate.


After dinner, I enjoyed 3 malt balls. They were so delicious, I wanted more, but I decided to hold off.


However, while watching a movie together, Mal decided to break into the malt ball bag again. I caved into the temptation, and ate another 3 malt balls. (They were calling my name!) I ate these three a lot slower, and savored them while watching the movie. 


I'm off to relax and read in bed. I'm psyched that I can sleep in tomorrow! No work for me! HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!!! :)

6 Comments:

jenngirl said...

Ooo yum! Good call on the mac'n'cheese, I bought a box of Annie's the other day and have been trying to decide how to spice it up as well! Enjoy your holiday! :)

Erica said...

I love altering the Mac and Cheese to make it more fun and exciting! The malt balls look awesome! Enjoy them-it's so nice to have a treat every now and again :) Hope you have a great labor day!

Lauren said...

Mmmm... gotta love Annie's mac n' cheese, especially their new "Deluxe" variety with the pre-mixed creamy cheese sauce - no more lumps from mixing the powdered cheese with milk!

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Joe said...

Off the Shoulder bridesmaid dresses One Shoulder bridesmaid dresses Portrait bridesmaid dresses Queen Anne bridesmaid dresses Sabrina bridesmaid dresses Scoop bridesmaid dresses Spaghetti Straps bridesmaid dresses Square bridesmaid dresses Strapless bridesmaid dresses Straps bridesmaid dresses Sweetheart bridesmaid dresses V-Neck bridesmaid dresses Other Necklines bridesmaid dresses Short bridesmaid dresses Knee Length bridesmaid dresses Tea Length bridesmaid dresses Ankle Length bridesmaid dresses Floor Length bridesmaid dresses Sweep Train bridesmaid dresses Asymmetrical bridesmaid dresses Panel Train bridesmaid dresses Watteau Train bridesmaid dresses Chiffon bridesmaid dresses

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses