Monday, September 1, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Pizza II

I had such a nice time tonight! Good friends, good conversation, and good food! All of my favorites! :) Mal and I invited our friends, Blain and Jaime, over for a pizza dinner.

Before our friends arrived, Mal and I enjoyed some wine on our balcony.


For dinner, we made Buffalo Chicken Pizza again. (LOVE this recipe!) We made a few modifications to the recipe, including using blue cheese dressing instead of ranch, and we forgot to buy scallions, so those were omitted from tonight's recipe. The pizza still came out amazingly!

Dinner table with lots of salad dressing options...


We started with a simple salad for dinner. I drizzled peanut sauce on mine.


My first piece of Buffalo Chicken Pizza...


... and my second piece...

I think I like the blue cheese dressing better than the ranch on the pizza, but I liked how we sort of overcooked our first Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Tonight's pizza was delicious, but I think I would have liked it cooked a little more. I love it when cheese is semi-burnt!


Back to the grind tomorrow! At least it's a 4 day week! Night, all!

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a question about running. I'm not thta strong of a runner but I made a plan all the way up to May to run a half marathon. I used the 5k plan then the 10k plan and then the half marathon plan to get ready. I've started it today. My question is is it better to take a walking break if I need it or just to suck it up and keep going (but then that leads to a slower pace for a longer time) ..Like today it was to run 2 miles. I ran one mile took a 2 min break then I ran the other mile. But then I was thinking should I have just ran the whole 2 miles (which I can do) but I know the second mile would have been atleast 1-2 minutes slower..

sorry for the lengthy question.. anyone can chime in and put in their 2 cents please!

Trying To Heal said...

Sounds like you had a fun night w/ your friends! and glad you like the pizza w/ the blue cheese dressing more! sounds yummy!

Kelly said...

Yum. I forgot about that dressing at Finz. I keep meaning to recreate it at home. Glad you enjoyed the festival in the North End as well. :-)

Anonymous said...

The buffalo pizza sounds great! What would you recommend as a sub for the ranch dressing if my husband doesn't like salad dressing. . . of any kind? Thanks!

Erica said...

mm I am making pizza later this week. Maybe I will give the buffalo a try! Josh really loves buffalo sauce so I bet it would be a hit! Have a good one!

Tina said...

Anon,

Interesting question. Personally, I will slow my pace if I am feeling pooped, and continue at a slower pace until I feel better or finish my run. However, if I am REALLY tired and running feels awful, I will stop and walk, and continue to run when I feel better. I think as long as you are out there running and increasing your distance and stamina, you are improving overall. GOOD LUCK with your training!

daphna,

We used blue cheese dressing tonight, which was very yummy.