Monday, September 15, 2008

Coconut Surprise

This day is flying by! Not that I am complaining. Let's just hope the rest of the week passes this quickly!

I ate breakfast earlier than usual this morning (6:30 instead of after 7:00), and my stomach made sure to let me know! I munched on a pear mid-morning to hold me over until lunch.


Lunch Meeting

I had a lunchtime meeting today. A number of faculty attended the meeting as well, so we got spoiled with the meal. My plate: Grilled lemon salmon with braised cabbage and leeks and coconut brown rice. The shredded coconut mixed with the rice was such a nice surprise. I never thought of combining the two-- they're wonderful together!


My lunch dessert was a leftover Cocoa Brownie. I'm not sure how I feel about these now-- today's brownie was rather bland and blah. Next time I make these: more cocoa powder and chocolate chips!


As a gift from a student, our office received a big box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates. Mmmmmm. Of course, I had to try one, so I selected a dark chocolate truffle, which was divine. I'm thinking about trying a coconut truffle as well! :)


PM Snack

I'm taking a step aerobics class at the gym after work, so I've planned a late afternoon snack to fuel me through my workout and to dinner. Proposed snack: Ginger Snap Larabar (aka the best bar eva!)


I Heart Snacks

You guys all know how I love snacks! I love eating, so frequent snacking keeps me happy, energized, and satisfied between meals (so I don't overeat). I thought I'd share some helpful snacking links with you all, including a previous post of healthy snack ideas that Carrots N Cake readers put together a few months ago.

Reader Snack Ideas

Drop 10 Pounds by Snacking

Pre-Dinner Snacks

Happy snacking! :)

12 Comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Cocoa brownie + LARABAR = heavenly snacks!! :0)

Jennifer said...

Are LARABARS actually that good? I've tried a variety of bars...finding some I like and some I dont...interesting with the flavor though, I'll have to give it a try!

Caitlin said...

ahh spammers on your message board! get away!

anywho, i dont know how people live without snacks. i would chew off my arm if i didnt snack in between meals. ;)

Samantha said...

I just tried the Gingersnap flavor yesterday and it is probably my favorite so far. A few bloggers have been raving about Peanut Butter Cookie, so I had my small town health food store order them for me. I can't wait till they come in!

Any yes, Larabars are that good!

Beth said...

I dunno, the Coconut Cream Pie larabar is preeeeeeety awesome....I'd daresay BETTER than ginger snap!

Do you get a free membership now that you work there? Huge plus! I worked part time at a gym for 3 years for that very reason!

Laura said...

That's a pretty sweet lunch for a meeting. :)

I will have to try out that larabar flavor. I've been sort of stuck on cashew cookie for a while now.

Tina said...

Re: Word verification

My blog is getting spammed, so I put up the word verification for the comments again. I'll take it down in a few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Anonymous said...

I love to snack too! But I really have learned how to plan/pack healthy snacks by following yours (and others) food related blogs which give me such great ideas! It helps me make healthier decisions when it comes time for lunch and dinner...

Anonymous said...

The PB cookie larabar is to die for!! It reminded me of eating pb cookie dough when I was a kid. So good!

Anonymous said...

Tina, I feel the same way about those brownies...they seemed good at first, but then no one really liked them after. Oh, well!

Anonymous said...

Great snack links - I always have trouble coming up with ideas, and for various reasons I really do have to snack throughout the day. This is so helpful :-)
Sorry about the blog-spammers - not cool at all!

HangryPants said...

I heart snacks. Thanks for the list!

Uh, sorry about the spam. Is there a filter option on blogger? I know there is in wordpress.