Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Leisurely Lunch

Danielle and I spent a leisurely lunch at the Parish Cafe this afternoon. We sat outside in the sunshine, chatted, and enjoyed a wonderful meal. 

I ordered the Harrington salad, which was chopped romaine, fresh mint, diced cucumbers, sliced red onions, Kalamata olives, and feta cheese served with lemon-olive dressing, over grilled Syrian bread. I also asked for some honey mustard on the side. It was a very good salad, but it didn't knock my socks off. 


We also each enjoyed a glass of white wine. I wasn't planning to have a glass of wine, but why not, right? We were celebrating the start of fall! :)


At the gym, I grabbed a free mini Luna Lemon Zest sample, which I munched on after lunch. A little later, I also ate a half of a Barney Butter and strawberry jam sandwich on whole wheat bread (sorry no photo). 
 

Tonight, we are celebrating our friends' engagement! (Congrats, Dave and Marie!) Mal and I are planning to eat leftovers at home for dinner, but we'll be going out for drinks later on. Not sure on the destination quite yet, but we have lots to celebrate! :)

11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the lunchtime wine action. nice work! that salad looks delish.

RunEatRepeat said...

It seems like everyone around you is getting married! Is there anyway the BF and I can come over and visit so maybe it will rub off on us? Just Kidding, kinda! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina, just wanted to tell you that I made your Easy Cheesy Baked Eggplant last night: SOOOOOO GOOOD! Thanks for the inspiration!

BTW--Love your blog! I can hardly start my day without checking in with you and Kath!!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

Bummer that the salad was just "so-so", it looks wonderful, with all my favorite flavors!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous lunch - too bad it didn't taste as good as it looks!

Have fun celebrating with your friends! :0)

Anonymous said...

Wine at lunch = 'the European way'! So fun every once in awhile!

Nicole said...

mmm I love the Harrington salad!

Anonymous said...

I have a food question to ask but is not related to your post-
Occasionally my stomach will make noises (not grumbling though) after I have just eaten or when I'm not hungry.
What does this mean? Is my body trying to send me a signal to eat?

thanks and love reading your blog

Quinn said...

Looks like a great lunch, and fun way to spend a day! And I love incorporating a little vino into a meal.

Anonymous said...

Kelly--you should probably seek medical advice on that.

Tina said...

Kelly,

I'm not sure to tell ya the truth. It could be your stomach digesting the food? The movement of the food through your intestines could be making those noises? You may want to consult your doctor about it.