Thursday, September 11, 2008

Looooonng Afternoon

THANK YOU for all of your kind and encouraging words this morning about my career change to become a personal trainer! You guys made me feel even more excited and confident about my decision! It's pretty scary doing a total 180 with my career, but your inspiring stories and support make me feel like everything is going to work out just fine! (The NASM is a whole different monster though-- I'm feeling so overwhelmed by it! Breeeeaaaath... one day at a time!)

Mid-morning, I made myself a cup of joe with soy milk and agave nectar. The agave nectar is so sweet-- a little goes a long way!


Lunch was the best of both worlds: pizza + salad. My homemade salad included romaine, grape tomatoes, and jalapeƱos. (Now we are really out of food!)


I also chowed three pieces of leftover Buffalo Chicken Pizza... soooooooo amazing!


After lunch, I had a small sweet snack: 2 dark Hershey's chocolates with a scoop of peanut butter. Of course, I dipped my chocolate in the PB!


I took a break after lunch to do some studying for the NASM. (Hence, my recent anxiety!) I bought a bunch of index cards to make flashcards, so hopefully, I will have an easier time learning all of the technical exercise science terms. (I can't tell you the last time I used a flashcard!)


My afternoon snack was my Kardea Nutrition Bar from yesterday. (I never had a chance to eat it.) The lemon ginger flavor was by far my favorite of the 4 different kinds that I have sampled. It reminded me a lot of a lemon square-- it had a nice strong, but sweet lemon flavor with a soft texture. It was surprisingly dessert-like.


So, yea, this afternoon is totally dragging! Blah.

**Update: I'm hungry again-- just made myself a packed of Kashi instant oatmeal. Feeling bottomless today!

13 Comments:

Allison said...

Tina-
Congrats on the career switch! how exciting.
And I know what you mean about the afternoon dragging...seriously......and why isn't it friday yet?

Amy said...

Tina, give that website Kath mentioned a shot. It's quiznotes.com. You can put all the terms you want on index cards in there. Then you can study them online. They have various methods and games to help you remember. Pretty cool if you ask me! I'm using it for all the Anatomy & Physiology I'm trying to learn.

Plus, if you're like me and get a little downtime at work sometimes then you can look busy but really be studying. Shhh. Don't tell my boss!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina-
Random, but I finally decided to get my usual Starbucks latte with soy milk instead of nonfat and WOW was it different! I always saw you make that choice on your blog and wondered how it tasted...so much creamier and very delicious! Now I see why soy milk is great, at least taste-wise :)

Good luck with the career decisions!

Unknown said...

In regards to the Kardea, what would you say about it. I'm looking into a number of different bars right now but considering that i'm a WW member and trying to lose 5-10lbs I don't want anything to calorie dense. This one seems good but a bit expensive. Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

oh my goshhhhhhhhhhh today is dragging. i'm also a bottomless pit today. i already depleted all my afternoon snacks so i went and tried the "perfect oatmeal" at starbucks; it was tasty but just instant oatmeal with toppings, so next time i'll make it myself for cheaper! (and with milk instead of water!). It's going to be awesome in airports though.

Bridget said...

I can't stop looking at that pizza you had...looks sooooo good...mmmm

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Gorgeous salad; and that chocolate/peanut-butter combination is a tasty classic!! :0)

Unknown said...

i'm with you on the dragging and snacky snackerston today!!

Erica said...

You're going to be a fabulous trainer! The way you eat and workout has inspired soooo many bloggers! I can only imagine what you're going to do for your clients :)

Anonymous said...

This week HAS been a drag!

Great snack idea, reeses are my favorite flavor combination!

Deb said...

HATE those "bottomless pit" days :oD

Echoing everyone else, congrats on the career choice. I'm relatively new here so I'm not sure what your line of work is now? Have you shared that?

I have always had a secret dream to be a trainer and some people have encouraged me to do it, but I will watch your success first! :-D

Deb

Unknown said...

Just saw your post abotu the change.. i think that is great you are pursuing your carrer choice... and NASM is a very reputable certification!

jack & ginger said...

tina! that is SO exciting!! i truly think you're going to be amazing and you'll change so many lives with your great attitude and fun spirit :) sign me up!!! katey and i both were talking about how we need a plan and i think you're it :)