Friday, September 19, 2008

Unlucky, but Lucky

I thought my pizza-beer lunch would hold me over until dinner with no problem, but my stomach started to grumble around 4:00 pm. I knew dinner wasn't for at least another 3+ hours, so I decided to snack on a Peanut Butter Cookie Larabar. I was excited to try this flavor, mostly because of my love of peanut butter and cookies, but I really wasn't impressed by it. The peanut butter flavor didn't come through as much as I had expected. It was just kind of bland... and now that I've had the Coconut Cream flavor, it's going to be very hard to top!


Wedding Dress Shopping

My sister didn't have much luck at Priscilla. She tried on a couple of nice dresses, but being samples and all, the quality of the dresses was rather poor... basically like a lot of people had already tried them on! Most of the dresses were just handled too much-- and not really worth the money. My sis has plenty of time to find a dress, so she wasn't upset about not having any luck. 


Birthday Dinner

My sister wanted a have a margarita to celebrate her 27th birthday, so we decided to have dinner at the Catcus Club, which is always one of my favorites. Dinner started with chips and salsa. 


Of course, I agreed to have a margarita with my sis. I got mine on the rocks with salt. 


I haven't eaten many veggies lately, so I opted against a Mexican entree, and went with the boring, but healthy, garden salad with creamy balsamic on the side. The salad was fresh, but it was your "standard" garden salad. It had the basics, but nothing fancy.


My mom, however, ordered a wonderful salad! In her salad: greens with sliced apples, gorgonzola, walnuts, and drizzled with a raspberry vinaigrette. Mmmm... much more exciting! I should have gotten what she ordered! 


Tonight, my mom brought a bag of fall goodies for both my sister and me. Inside our bags: 2 apples and a carmel-walnut-covered apple from my mom's work and an eggplant from her garden. I get very excited about food gifts! :)


I cut into my caramel apple within minutes of arriving home. I LOVE caramel apples! They remind me of many good times in my childhood. My mom would always treat my sister and me to one when we went pumpkin picking each autumn. Ah, memories. Anyway, over the course of the evening, I've pretty much peeled all of the carmel off my apple. So good! 


I have my last day of training at Healthworks tomorrow, followed by lots of studying, a possible art show, and dinner with Mal's parents (aka my in-laws!). Another packed Saturday for me! 

P.S. There may be some "issues" with my blog tomorrow morning. I apologize for the inconvenience-- mostly everything should be up and running by Saturday night. 

9 Comments:

Laura said...

I love food gifts as well. :) That margarita looks so good!

I hope you sister finds the dress of her dreams, and I hope training goes well!

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Mmmmm caramel apples...... <333

Anonymous said...

Remove shell, extract peanut. Toss shell somewhere. Return peanut, bare, and naked, to your mouth. Taste it fully as you chew the earthy taste of the simple peanut. Packed with protein, served with panache in that cradling shell, the peanut is about as good as it gets in the simple goodness of life. http://www.phentermine-effects.com

Cooking nurse said...

I love your ideas!

Janie said...

Nice stuff! Thanks for sharing this post recently.

Olive said...

Great info here. Long time reader, first time poster....keep it up please!

Unknown said...

Cool article it's really. Friend on mine has long been awaiting just for this content. new year background 2019

Unknown said...

Cool article it's really. Friend on mine has long been awaiting just for this content. merry christmas pics

sami2x95 said...

this product is one of the best i have tried it has helped me a lot. I hope it helps you too https://bit.ly/3JnhjWz