Friday, February 1, 2008

Background

In June 2002, I graduated from Union College with a BA in Psychology and Anthropology, and a minor in Women's Studies. After briefly working for a marketing and promotions agency, I decided to pursue a Master's degree in Higher Education Administration at Boston College. Around this time, my outlook on life started to change and my interest in nutrition and fitness really started to grow.

Upon completion of my Master's degree in December 2005, I accepted a position at the Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) in order to move my career in a new direction. My time at HSPH has furthered my interest in health and wellness, and I have taken advantage of many opportunities to participate in seminars and lectures at the School.

In May 2008, I became certified as a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant though the American Fitness Professionals and Associates (AFPA).

5 Comments:

healthy ashley said...

Hi Tina! I just realized you are doing the Certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant program with AFPA/ How do you like it so far? My degree is in public relations, and I am considering completing that course to help me into the nutrition/wellness side of PR. Did you know Jenna from Eat, Live, Run did the same course?

Anon said...

yay for BC!! i'm currently a student here and i love it! good luck with your wedding... i love your blog!

jack & ginger said...

tina! i love this blog!! i am so excited to make the mango bread!mmmmmmm. mango is everywhere here! it falls off the trees :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, I was just wondering what you do for work now that you became certified with AFPA? I didn't see where you listed what kind of position you have. I am also considering becoming certified and was wondering what your thoughts were on the process. I have loads of Nutrition courses under my belt but thought I should make it official. ;)

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I am still doing the same work at Harvard-- administration, program planning, website management, etc. I don't really have plans to use my AFPA certification. I basically did the certification program for my own personal knowledge and to help me out with the blog.