Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Dangerously Low

We are running dangerously low on food, which is apparent by my food selections for lunch. First, I made a plate of what was supposed to be brussels sprouts, carrots, and a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Unfortunately, we are out of peanut butter (like everything else), so I made some toast with jelly. The jelly was absolutely vile! The texture and taste were disgusting, and the semi-stale bread didn't help either. (I'm such a drama queen!) After tossing the toast with jelly, I made an open-face egg sandwich with Tabasco, which hit the spot. I finished off lunch with the last two Ginger Betty cookies, which made the meal at least somewhat decent.



Brussels sprouts: 50
Carrots: 50
Whole wheat bread: 110
Egg: 80
2 cookies: ~300
Lunch total: 590


Workout

After breakfast, I did a TV-based workout. I went down to the gym a little before 9 am, when the Regis and Kelly show was starting. Reese Witherspoon, Simon Cowell, and a balloon-popping dog were guests today, so I used their appearances as cardio time and the commercials as lifting time. I switched between running on the treadmill and free weights for the whole show, which was an hour. Afterwards, I stayed on the treadmill and walked for an additional 30 minutes on an incline.

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure that you are the one that puts chocolate chips in your pumpkin yogurt... GREAT IDEA! i put a serving of mini bittersweet chocolate chips and 1/2 a serving of crushed honey graham sticks and it was SOOOOO good!

-RhodeyGirl

Anonymous said...

aw that really sucks about your original lunch, i hate when that happens! well at least your egg sandwich looked delicious!

Anonymous said...

Cookies definitely fix all things wrong with the world. And nice workout too! -Robin

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

considering you said you're running low on food, your lunch still looks great to me (as I've mentioned before, I'm OBSESSED with brussels sprouts, and eat them everyday, haha).

I watched 'Regis & Kelly' this morning too; and worked out during that time! :0D

AudreyO said...

I love egg sandwiches. That's what I had for dinner tonight.