Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mental Health Day

I decided to take a "mental health" day today. I don't usually do this, but we all know that our mental health can affect our physical health, and I think I will truly benefit from a day away from the office... but I'm not going to waste the day away. In fact, I already have a To Do list ready to go, which even includes a 90 minute yoga class at Healing Tree! (I hope that I like the class-- I'd really love to incorporate yoga into my lifestyle.)

Breakfast was a new and interesting combination of bulgar, pumpkin, hemp milk, walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pumpkin seems to make everything taste better! :) With the bulgar, I had a glass of iced coffee with milk and a pear, which I am munching on now. After a little digesting, I am going to hit the gym for a super sweaty workout!


All together...


1/4 cup (dry) bulgar: 160
1/4 cup pumpkin: 20
1/2 cup help milk: 60
1/8 cup walnuts: 80
1 cup organic non-fat milk: 80
Pear: 120 (it was a big one!)
Breakfast total: 520

11 Comments:

Romina said...

Enjoy your mental health day. I find they are very much needed, so savour it!

hhif said...

I love yoga! I can't wait to hear how you enjoy the class! -Robin

Anonymous said...

hi tina!
i love your blog! just wondering, on days that you do a 90 min. yoga class, do you ALSO do a sweaty workout at the gym!! that seems like soooo much!!

VeggieGirl said...

Kudos to you for being proactive about your health/well-being, and taking a "mental health day" - enjoy it, and relax! :0)

Mmm, your bulghur/pumpkin breakfast meal sounds quite comforting; especially when paired with such a large pear! haha, love it.

Mandy said...

Hey Tina -

Do you find that the bulgar holds you over just as well as oatmeal does?

Jenn said...

Enjoy your day off!! :)

Culinary Creator said...

good for you! I need to take one of those soon-ish! :)

Emma said...

Tina! You make we want to try bulger so badly! I almost bought some at the store the other day, but I am moving soon and reminded myself I need to eat up the foods I have. And from you and Kath, I am dying to try the pumpkin filling in oatmeal/bulger....cept yesterday I couldnt find it at one of the biggest grocery stores.

Also I was wondering, do you weigh your food on a scale?

Tina said...

Hi Mandy,

Bulgar and oatmeal hold me over about the same. I always try to bulk them up with nuts and fruit.

Hi Emma,

I don't use a scale to weigh my food, but I think it's a good idea. I use measuring cups/measuring spoons most of the time. I might look into getting a scale though.

Anonymous,

I usually workout once a day, but I have the whole day free and have been wanting to give yoga another try, which is the reason for the double workout today.

Joe said...

bridal online shop bridal gowns wholesale wedding dresses high quality bridal gowns wholesale custom wedding dresses wedding apparel wedding dresses top sellers wedding dresses2010 new arrivals 2010 new arrivals wedding dresses beach wedding dresses Luxury Wedding Dresses plus size wedding dresses wedding party dresses bridesmaid dresses junior bridesmaid dresses flower girl dresses mother of bride dresses wedding shoes wedding bags wedding accessories evening dresses prom dresses cocktail dresses quinceanera dresses little black dresses

Joe said...

bridal gowns beach wedding dresses couture wedding dresses destination wedding dresses informal wedding dresses bridesmaid dresses mother of bride dresses cocktail wedding dresses evening gowns quinceanera dresses wedding dress wedding dresses wholesale wedding dresses cheap wedding dresses bridal online shop